what is good start for me?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

sunhat

what is good start for me?

Post by sunhat »

Hi to all members i have a new anschutz 8002 from 6 months ago i try many times to get use to it i mean every day i change some thing in rifle
i do my best last month and reach 520/600 and i cant get higher.
thanks...
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Sunhat .... YES you can shoot a higher score. Remove that "C" word from your vocabulary

Also ... help us out,

1) How old are you?

2) Male / Female ?

3) How long have you been shooting?

4 Do you shoot with a club or team?

5) Are you working with a coach?

6) Where are you from?
sunhat

All answered

Post by sunhat »

Hi jhmartin

1-I am 33 .
2- mail.
3-one year between 10m and 300m.
4-a team.
5-no.
6-k.s.a.

I practice 2 hours a day.5 times a week.

Thanks
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

One thing you might like to try is not changing things so often, if you can get it set up properply hopefully with the help of someone knowledgable and shoot with it for a while. If you change things everyday as you stated you're going to get very frustrated and spend lots of time chasing your tail. You won't know what works and what doesn't.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

With a 520 as your top score we know you understand proper sight picture.

Now forget about score .... for a while.

Some drills to try (on all positions, but start on the one you need the most improvement on)

1) Shoot for groups ..... don't worry about the sights ..... leave them and don't adjust the gun at all ..... just groups. Shoot 3-4 shots at a bull.

(What type of target are you shooting on? Electronic, single bull, or multiple bull?)

2) If you shoot on AR-5/10 (10 bull) targets this next drill is great to pick up NPA issues
---- shoot around the target once ..... then again .... then again .... do this for 30-40 minutes or unitl you've gone around 3-4 times. Now look at the targets and you will be suprised at the patterns that show up if there are NPA issues with a position as you are moving from bull to bull

I also agree with Richard .... work on one position for a while, and don't change the rifle. Have a coach or another shooter observe you/your position .... or set up a video camera and film yourself .

3) Have you read "The Ways of the Rifle"? If not, get it & read ... cover to cover.

4) Also "New Position Rifle Shooting" is very good as well.
sunhat

Post by sunhat »

Thanks jhmartin,Richard H

For replying and I am practicing by your way now. I am using single bull 3shots in 20 bull it takes me An hour with no stopping.so I should proceed with 3shots or 5shots in bull.
Also how many hour should I practice a day and how many day a week because we have Competition after 3 weeks for beginners so i wish I do will.
Finally can you advice me witch is handy (The Ways of the Rifle or New Position Rifle Shooting).
And the web site.

Thanks for all

Post by Guest »

Are you using jacket,pants and boots. if not look into it that will help your score.
sunhat

Post by sunhat »

I am using kurt thune all set.
HH

Post by HH »

So is it an olympic 50m card (or scaled down/up equivalent) you got 520/600 on?