New Precision Shooter

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

New Precision Shooter

Post by Guest »

I just got my precision rifle, a Feinwerkbau P700 with Aluminum Stock. I have been looking into a shooting jacket and what not and the only company I have heard about is Monard Shooting. Are there any other recommended precision clothing companies? I would really appreciate any advice that anyone has to offer on the subject. I'm not going to make the transition from sporter to precision until this summer, but I would like to et everything squared away now. Please and thank you!
wrc

Post by wrc »

Congratulations on getting a rifle, and wanting to start precision!
There are many jacket makers: Kurt Thune, Anschutz, Sauer, Gehmann, sold by various USA mail order firms such as Neal Johnson's Gunsmithing Inc, Champions Choice, Champions Shooters Supply, Try & Bom. It would be a lot easier for you to figure out what jacket to get if you could look at some and try some on for fit. Are you part of a club? Do they have jackets? Start there. Go to matches - talk to competitors (& coaches) about their jackets. Ask to look or try on their coats.
Accept the fact that without prior experience with a jacket, you'll be picking something to start with, that you can upgrade from. For now I'd buy a good basic canvas, & shoot with it while you look at other shooter's coats & start to learn the nuances.
That said, Monard (sold by Try & Bom in the USA) seems to have a nice range of sizes for juniors.
TWP

Post by TWP »

WRC covered the manufacturers pretty well.

If you are anywhere near Camp Perry Ohio this summer during the small bore matches it would be well worth your time to swing by and visit competitors row.

You'll have plenty of opportunity to try the various jackets and pants out.

Post by Guest »

Not only that but all of the big dealers will be thay so you can try on there stuff