Avanti XS40 Problem

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

atomicbrh

Avanti XS40 Problem

Post by atomicbrh »

My son has had his XS40 since August 2004 but shot it only rarely until two weeks ago when Sporter matchs were scheduled in our area. For the past two weeks he has shot a minimum of 60 shots in practice daily. I got the scuba tank filled today. Normally on a new fill the guage on the air cylinder will go up to around 200 bar just under the red line. This time I cannot fill up to 180 bar. A small hole (vent hole?) at the front of the cylinder is leaking air. I have been letting the cylinder sit outside of the rifle for about an hour and it is still slowly leaking below 150 bar. I see on the parts diagram that this guage assembly comes apart somehow and there is an O-ring in this assembly. I do not want to buy another cylinder. I want to fix this myself if possible. How do I fix this with out tearing anything up?
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

this is a warranty issue that is nearly universal to all Valiants of this vintage. It requires special tools to dissasemble the cylinder so it really can't be fixed at home. Send it in and we will repair it.
xs pro-comp

Post by xs pro-comp »

pilkguns wrote:this is a warranty issue that is nearly universal to all Valiants of this vintage. It requires special tools to dissasemble the cylinder so it really can't be fixed at home. Send it in and we will repair it.
What is the cost of having the repair done? I have six that are less than 1yr. old that will not stay charged longer than 1 hr. One also has a broken lens over the gauge. Thanks, Tim.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

if you have the paperwork showing the cylinders as less than 2 years old, send them in and we will fix them under warranty and send them back to you.
xs pro-comp

Post by xs pro-comp »

Thanks, yes I have the paperwork. Invoice is 3/7/05. What would be the turn around time. I only ask because we are getting ready for our state 4-H shoot the 1st of March. Thanks Tim.