Daisy 888 questions

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

cmj

Daisy 888 questions

Post by cmj »

Has anybody rebuilt the 888? kit comes with a spring,plunger and o ring. where does the O ring go.
Need to know how to lighten up the trigger. ours has a 3 pound plus pull and is a light as we can get it. would like to get it closer to the 1.5 pound allowed. Thanks
Jay V

Post by Jay V »

I haven't installed a rebuild kit, and don't recall an o-ring inside, so it may just be a new o-ring for the cylinder. It would be off-white and about the diameter of your little finger.

To lighten the trigger you will be cutting the 2 springs and removing some material. I haven't done it in a while, but basically you cut a couple of coils off of the springs and remove some material from the black plastic piece that the upper spring mounts on. This is to let the piece (and trigger) move more with the cut spring and a longer adjustment screw (in back of the trigger guard). The cut springs lighten the pull and the longer adjustment screw just lets you remove all the extra trigger travel. Ours got down to about 2 pounds with a nice break - a big improvement.

The CMP sells a book that covers it better, but I don't recall the exact name.

Jay V
AIAC Juniors
IL

Post by Guest »

This covers how to do it l, you just need to add a longer screw, the daisy screw is not long enough on the 888.

http://www.pilkguns.com/coach/d853tm.htm