DAISY LISTENS -- New & Improved Products

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jhmartin

Daisy Sights

Post by jhmartin »

I suppose someone could put together a $2500 bb gun.

Daisy has an issue with their sights ... no argument here. I just ordered two more of their diopters for some 888's. One is great, the other is no improvement over their past problems ... I'm sending that one back.

On your 499 sight ... call them and see if they will swap you out one, you'll end up paying the shipping, but if the replacement is better then the cost in no frustration will be worth it.

I'm not totally up on the bb-gun rules, but I think you must stick with the daisy sight.
bobhead

Post by bobhead »

What is the status of this rifle/stock (753 style butt on an 888)? I may be buying new rifles for a HS team soon and this looks like a better configuration than the 888. Has it been approved for sporter use yet? Anything new on when it be available?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I received an email from Denise Johnson at Daisy about 10 days ago. She said they are still holding for a July ship date on these.

I'm guessing end of July as from my understanding the 3PARC has not yet approved the 887, but I just cannot imagine that they will delay this any more. I think they all have to get together at Nationals and formally do a vote I suppose. (I'm not very patient, so I cannot see why it has taken since October for this .... but that's just me)

I would call and get your name on the list as I'm sure that there are a few folks in line for these. The prices have increased slightly on the regular 888 ($230 now), so I'm guessing these will be in the $300 or so range.
Here's the Daisy number: 800-643-3458 ... ask for Denise
bobhead

Post by bobhead »

I spoke to Robert at Daisy yesterday. The "887 Gold Medalist" is listed in their latest printed flyer and price list. They say shipment in mid-July. I have all the ordering details in hand but my only concern is the fact that they are not approved as yet. I am safe placing an order for several of these rifles for use this season?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Good question ...

1) If it was me and I did not need the guns right away, I'd do it ... I feel 99.99% confident that the 3PARC will approve this rifle ... but it is a committee with manufacturer reps, so there is a chance they will do something silly and hold off another year..... (I really doubt this)
Be aware that coaches have seen these guns since last October, so there may be quite a backlog of orders. If you need rifles right away the 888's are still a great choice.

2) I have 6 of the stocks on order, so I am pretty confident, and anyway if 3PARC does not approve it, Daisy is really good to us and in all likelyhood offer to switch your order to 888's

Tough to talk to them this week and next few as the big events are going on ... 4-H this week, Daisy BB gun next week, and the Nationals the week after ... I think 3PARC meets after the Nationals in KY.
NewGuest

Daisy 887

Post by NewGuest »

What is the status of the 887? Did it get approved?
NewGuest

Daisy 887

Post by NewGuest »

What is the status of the 887? Did it get approved?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I asked Denise Johnson from Daisy that question about a month ago .... her reply:

=========================
The 887 passed council with no problems as well as a similar gun to the XS40 that will be available through Champions Choice.

Denise Johnson
Daisy Outdoor Products
Special Markets/Customer Service
479-621-4317
djohnso@daisy.com
=========================

When it is available I don't know ... I had heard they were pressing for end of the summer timeframe.

Joel
cmj

Post by cmj »

Any idea as to what brand etc the other rifle that was approved was? Our 4H club is looking to purchase some rifles and would like to explore all options.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

No real idea.

I do have a guess that it is an Air Arms S200 type of gun, maybe even the sporter configuration of the S400 MPR. That is just speculation on my part though.

Joel
bobhead

Post by bobhead »

The S200 is listed on page 48 of the 2006 Champion's Choice catalog as a Sporter Air Rifle ($445). CC also lists the Air Arms "MPR" precision air rifle ($795).