Scoring Sheets (Light Rifle, Air Rifle 4 pos and standing)

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

cqbarms

Scoring Sheets (Light Rifle, Air Rifle 4 pos and standing)

Post by cqbarms »

We have been running kids through the NRA light rifle program at our club.
I've made a scoring sheet for each shooter, you can copy and paste it into multiple "workbooks" or "sheets" to have multiple shooters in one document.

It lists shooter, date, qualification, scores per qualification, gun, ammo, location, notes (for non qualifying scores), keeps raw and percentile score as well as lifetime average for the qualification.

It's in excel and you can use it as you need or modify it.
I also have ones for Air Pistol, Air rifle, and a couple others.

http://www.cqbarms.com/NRALR.xls
Last edited by cqbarms on Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albert

scoresheet air rifle

Post by Albert »

Can you send me the scoresheet for air rifle? Is super! We can use this for our Junior training and matches at my local club in Haarlem, The Netherlands.
contact me at: albert.thijsse@dhv.nl

Thanks,
Albert
(The Netherlands)
cqbarms

Re: scoresheet air rifle

Post by cqbarms »

Here's the 4 position Air Rifle Aggregate.
Let me know if you want just standing or otherwise.
It's pretty simple but it does some neat things.
It will calculate the average for each position, and also lifetime averages for the whole course of fire.
Again it's to the NRA qualification course of fire, I can make it so it's different if you would like.

http://www.cqbarms.com/NRAAR4P.xls
Albert wrote:Can you send me the scoresheet for air rifle? Is super! We can use this for our Junior training and matches at my local club in Haarlem, The Netherlands.
contact me at: albert.thijsse@dhv.nl

Thanks,
Albert
(The Netherlands)
cqbarms

Post by cqbarms »

Here's the NRA International Air Rifle (all standing)

It splits at the qualification level of Sharpshooter as there is a 40 and 60 shot course of fire.

The scores must be entered in the correct column to calculate the score correctly.

Click da link
NRA IAR
Albert

scoresheets

Post by Albert »

Thanks a thousand times. In The Netherlands we do not have any qualification levels for juniors the way you have, but for club use I can modify the sheets slightly to accomodate our system.
I f you have any info on how you set up shooting lessons for the juniors (what do you do in a lesson and in what order, what kind of games and shooting exercises do you use, in what way do you involve parents e.o.) I am very interested. (In the Netherlands basic training courses by the National Shooting Association are designed for teaching adults only).

Thanks,
Albert
(The Netherlands)
cqbarms

Re: scoresheets

Post by cqbarms »

We start off with the NRA Basic Rifle Course, which teaches all fundamental safety principles, parts, how rifles work, more safety, taking the first shots, more safety, and some minor position and marksmanship discussion. It's good because it has a test at the end and it gives the kids something to work towards.

After they have completed that, we move to the more specific NRA Junior Rifle Shooting book.
It focuses on safety but then moves into the advanced concepts of taking the shot, positions, various marksmanship principles and techniques.
After teaching the positions and going through the NRA Junior Rifle book, we move the NRA qualification programs. Most of the time we start with light rifle as the targets are bigger and easier to obtain a decent score on. As students progress through the ranks of the qualification, some decide to split off and do ISSF style shooting and in any event there is an NRA qualification program to follow up with it (4 Position or International).

Along the way we go on field trips, one to a large junior team about an hour away, another to Savage Arms a firearms company.

Student's keep and post their own scores, we sometimes participate postals, We also have the students come up with their own "tips" which we discuss and share.
The NRA qualifications are nice because their are short term goals that have immediate results, medals, patches, certificates.

Materials we use
http://materials.nrahq.org/go/products.aspx?cat=G-Books

As fore parent involvement, sometimes it's best to have the parents not involved in the day to day training as they tend to push their kids more.
We encourage the parents to attend classes but when on the line, we leave the parents in the lounge.

After the students have completed the NRA Basic Rifle, we teach them to teach their parents...the parents come in for a few hours over a couple weekends and the children prepare lessons about firearms safety, shooting, positions...basically the things they ahve learned. The chilrend then sign off on their parents certificate - a matter of pride for them.

As a student moves from light rifle to International small bore we do use the ISSF/USA training target. I forgot where we got the target information but the target 9 and 10 ring are the "entire" black for the standard small bore target. Basically they are aiming at what they would normally aim at but they get slightly higher scores and the rings go out to 1 so almost all shots count.

Some good power point presentations
http://www.odcmp.com/CoachingResources.htm

Albert wrote:Thanks a thousand times. In The Netherlands we do not have any qualification levels for juniors the way you have, but for club use I can modify the sheets slightly to accomodate our system.
I f you have any info on how you set up shooting lessons for the juniors (what do you do in a lesson and in what order, what kind of games and shooting exercises do you use, in what way do you involve parents e.o.) I am very interested. (In the Netherlands basic training courses by the National Shooting Association are designed for teaching adults only).

Thanks,
Albert
(The Netherlands)
Albert

Re: Junior coaching

Post by Albert »

Great stuff! It gives me lots of idea's to work on at my club.
- Is there any info available / can you give me (.pdf or other) about the test juniors have to do at the end of basic training?
- Same question concerning the mentioned books on Basic Rifle Course and Junior Rifle Shooting.
I love the part about juniors teaching the parents! It involves the parents and shows them the effort juniors must put into the shootingsport and how much safety is involved. It must be a tremendous boost for the kids to be 'the better' of their parents on this subject. (In the Netherlands shooting(sport) has a tendency to be associated with criminals and violence by - most - people who do not have any idea what shootingsport is about).

Thanks,
Albert
(The Netherlands)
cqbarms

Re: Junior coaching

Post by cqbarms »

If you would like I can mail you (via post) the test and some of the books.
I do not have them on pdf. either PM or e-mail me your address and I'll send them out.
Albert wrote:Great stuff! It gives me lots of idea's to work on at my club.
- Is there any info available / can you give me (.pdf or other) about the test juniors have to do at the end of basic training?
- Same question concerning the mentioned books on Basic Rifle Course and Junior Rifle Shooting.
I love the part about juniors teaching the parents! It involves the parents and shows them the effort juniors must put into the shootingsport and how much safety is involved. It must be a tremendous boost for the kids to be 'the better' of their parents on this subject. (In the Netherlands shooting(sport) has a tendency to be associated with criminals and violence by - most - people who do not have any idea what shootingsport is about).

Thanks,
Albert
(The Netherlands)