2005 Nationals Question

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Luftrick

2005 Nationals Question

Post by Luftrick »

So, where does one stay if attending the Nationals at Ft. Benning? Is there housing onsite, ala Camp Perry, or do you have to make off-site arrangements? Any and all thoughts and ideas regarding accommodations are welcome and appreciated. Any other NE residents planning on attending? I think am going to plan to compete in the AP and stick around for the Free event as a spectator, bringing both my 1gig and my 512meg cards with my camera!

Thanks,

Patrick
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Patrick:

Unless something is different this year, generally you are staying "on the economy" (downtown) and are responsible for your own messing and billeting. There are several options to choose from- all the big chains etc. Ft. Benning has a high volume of transient traffic pretty much year 'round, so hotels are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

See you there!

Steve Swartz
Luftrick

Post by Luftrick »

Thanks Steve, I'll google up some hotels close by and go from there. Or maybe a campground? There must be one near the base?

By the way, how is it going through checkpoints with all your gear, guns, ammo, etc? Anyone been there, done that? The last time I traveled out of New England for a match with my gear was to Camp Perry in 1980!

Patrick
Greg Knutzen

Post by Greg Knutzen »

where is the best place to stay close to the event. Is joel sexton going to put together a package for shooters?
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Hey Guys:

1) Valid driver's license (picture ID) and follow the instructions/show the documentation provided by the USAS when you register. Gate guards are well aware hte match is going on and are very cooperative, respectful etc. Don't remember anyone having any problems. IIRC the drill to get in was pretty straightforward, even with rental car etc. Last couple of years instructions changed year-year so don't know what procedure will be specifically this year.

2) I know Doc usually brings a big crew of juniors and other shooters- I know he monitors this forum and will probably answer himself. A lot of folks seem to stay on Armour Road at either the Extended Stay (weekly rates) or Comfort Inn near the Buckhead grill. Anything along 185 should be convenient access to the post.

3) Even with increased security, the Army Marksmanship Unit has been a very cooperative and gracious host . . . don't hesitate to register and make the trip. See you on the line!

Steve Swartz
NCIT

Dates

Post by NCIT »

Pardon me for asking because it has probably already been mentioned somewhere, but what are the dates for the nationals?

Thanks,
NCIT
mcole95

Post by mcole95 »

NCIT,

The program/schedule is available here:
http://www.usashooting.com/competitions ... ograms.cfm

The dates this year are June 16-26.

--Matt
NCIT

Post by NCIT »

Thank you, now can you tell me what this AA, A B C D E stuff is all about? I am new to all of this.

Thanks.

NCIT