why is it a secret which gun won the gold in air pistols

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

Post by conradin »

My observation in current WC is mostly:
Steyr LP10/10E
Morini 162EI
Walther LP300XT/LP400
Pardini K(whatever)

Very few Matchguns and Benelli.

But the point is, they are all top of the line, so results should be similar. If you are willing to buy a Walther LP400 (supposedly the most expensive AP) go for it. if you want to buy a Kite, go for it. It matters little.

But that said, if you use FWB65 you will not have the same results. The technology is too far behind, you need more physical effort, etc. Otherwise everyone will be still using an FWB65.

Speaking of which, I asked Inna Rose, and she said that the Soviet Team did not use FWB65, but rather a Soviet made AP. I wonder what it was. We are talking about late 70s and early 80s. She could not remember the exact name and my Cyrillic is no good.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I vaguely recall Don Nygord saying that one of the top Russian shooters at that time was having a hard time charging his FAS 604 (maybe it was a Domino) and had to sit it on the bench while he leaned on it.
TB

Post by TB »

World ranking march 2014
Attachments
World ranking march 2014
World ranking march 2014
conradin

Post by conradin »

re: Rover's Don FAS story.
Inna said it was a pneumatic.
conradin

Post by conradin »

TB wrote:World ranking march 2014
I don't know QY is that widely used, I thought only the Chinese team uses them.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:
TB wrote:World ranking march 2014
I don't know QY is that widely used, I thought only the Chinese team uses them.
Where did you get that idea from?
ruig

Post by ruig »

conradin wrote:
Speaking of which, I asked Inna Rose, and she said that the Soviet Team did not use FWB65, but rather a Soviet made AP. I wonder what it was. We are talking about late 70s and early 80s. She could not remember the exact name and my Cyrillic is no good.
I think that's about it

http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/96/1253856.html

http://www.iguns.ru/Articles/Handguns/izh-33.htm
conradin

Post by conradin »

Log: 7/31/2013
Me: I have a question, did you use the FWB65 to win world championships (individual and team)?
Inna:
I think not really, it was something of HPXB (in russian alphabet) soviet airgun
Me:
ХПХБ?
Inna Rose:
XP

I think XP is KhR. But HP is NR. Of course I am sure it has been so long she might have forgotten already, but this is what all I got from her. She might have meant И when she wrote "H", but to
put P after that I could not figure it out.

The only possible solution is ИЖXP which is Izh-Khr. I am still puzzled.

On the other hand it shows how little regards world class shooters give attention to "brands" or "models".
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

Yes, what Spencer said, it's not the gun. its the individual.

But some numbers, brought to you by our fine sponsors!
Steyr has won Olympic Gold, Men and Womens, the last three Olympics in a row.

Steyr has won more medals in the last 2O years, World Cups, World Championships, Continental Championships, and Olympics, than all the other manufacturers COMBINED.

Steyr and Morini, at any given championship, will be 90-95$ of all air pistols on the firing line.

Will Brown was using a LP10 when he won Gold last year.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Since I'm currently using a Steyr I bought cheap, I guess that you'll need a Morini to beat me. If not, I guess a FWB65 will do it.
robinhoods

which gun won gold

Post by robinhoods »

Funny-I stuck an ad in somewhere that a lot of us use for aFWB model 2 and within 5 minutes I got a response.HELLO
ARE YOU STILL INTERESTED IN THE FWB model 2 I HAVE ONE
FOR SELL SO
GET BACK TO ME ASAP
THANKS
response 2
ibrahim hadeel
2:36 PM (34 minutes ago)

to me
Hello
attached with this mail is the pics of it and i will be asking for
280$plus shipping and in a very good working condition 100% sure
thanks
Attachments
x2.jpg
x2.jpg (22.39 KiB) Viewed 1558 times
Mako

Post by Mako »

I've had a number of olympic air pistols and have gotten to try out others. I DO have to say that although of course the grip needs to be modified to fit the shooter ... there are some pistols that just felt good to me and others didn't. I sold my LP10 fairly soon after getting it.

I LOVE my Walther LP300 ... it just points so well in my hand ... and I love the fact that it has a swivel ball for adjusting the grip in all directions ... but the trigger, back when I was using, it was unreliable. I went through three trigger sets but still ended up having to rebuild it DURING a match at Nationals years ago! But I also shot my personal best with it ... at Nationals. A 555, something like a 15 point improvement in my PB. The trigger FEEL was wonderful.

My main pistol is my Morini electronic short, but it feels ... impersonal.

You can't see it very well in this small photo, but Bill Demarest's borrowed TOZ that he shot the Free Pistol World Record with at the Milan WC looks like a POS! He used free ammo that when tested back at the Olympic Training Center shot the worst of all the ammos that they tested. JUST Shows ... it's not the equipment. It was the 40,000 rounds that he shot in FP and AP that year!

Image[/img]