Which sling ?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

PatrickS916

Post by PatrickS916 »

Has anyone used a Gehmann professional Sling or a Sauer Exact III sling? i need to get a new ISSF legal sling and one that reduces the pulse to the rifle, as i am noticing a much more noticeable pulse, even with iron sights.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

I think its a bit funny that so many "experts" think Martynov does so much wrong...jus sayn
Dave IRL

Post by Dave IRL »

PatrickS916 wrote:Has anyone used a Gehmann professional Sling or a Sauer Exact III sling? i need to get a new ISSF legal sling and one that reduces the pulse to the rifle, as i am noticing a much more noticeable pulse, even with iron sights.
I've had the Sauer. It's nice. High quality, really sturdy. Bit stiff, which might not be the best thing in the world, but it feels good and I shot well with it. Currently back using the MEC and feel it's a little bit more comfortable, but for about twice the cost it'd want to have a built in minibar too...
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

redschietti wrote:I think its a bit funny that so many "experts" think Martynov does so much wrong...jus sayn
The sling is just the start. Martynov's whole position is highly unconventional, but it is very clever and effective.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

I would love to study it in person...I have in video
PatrickS916

Post by PatrickS916 »

Dave IRL wrote:
PatrickS916 wrote:Has anyone used a Gehmann professional Sling or a Sauer Exact III sling? i need to get a new ISSF legal sling and one that reduces the pulse to the rifle, as i am noticing a much more noticeable pulse, even with iron sights.
I've had the Sauer. It's nice. High quality, really sturdy. Bit stiff, which might not be the best thing in the world, but it feels good and I shot well with it. Currently back using the MEC and feel it's a little bit more comfortable, but for about twice the cost it'd want to have a built in minibar too...
Thanks, I may spend the more money for it then, because from what i have heard, it will not stretch at all. I had that problem with an older "synthetic" sling as i had to keep tightening it after long matches or strenuous use.
PatrickS916

Post by PatrickS916 »

If OP or anyone else is still interested, i purchased the Sauer Exact III sling from 10.9 on Friday, received it yesterday and so far I really enjoy it. It is much better in stopping pulse than my Freeland sling.
r1200mike

J&G Sling

Post by r1200mike »

I have 2 of the J&G Slings, I paid about $69 for one. I use it for Mid Range Prone and PALMA and of course Small Bore prone. Mike