Olympic Target Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rmca

Re: Olympic Target Pistol

Post by rmca »

Hemmers wrote:Chen Ying won the Gold in 2008 with a Chinese Pistol.

But beyond "it's Chinese", no one seems to know what it is. Nor does it actually seem to be available for sale.

So really, it doesn't count. If I can't go out and buy one, then the answer is "No, there's isn't a quality Chinese Sport Pistol" (or more precisely - there are some really good ones - but it's academic because you can't have one).

If the Chinese team have a gunsmith capable of producing immense guns but only for the Chinese team, that doesn't mean there is "a good Chinese gun" you can go and buy. It means they're doing their own custom thing.

That's a very different proposition to being able to go and buy a quality pistol off the shelf.
That is also my opinion on the subject.
They can have a very good custom pistol, but as far as I know there isn't any commercial produced "quality match gun".
CamelNL

Post by CamelNL »

Weird but why does the topic starter edit all his post to 3 dots? ...
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

The 2008 Olympic pistol has been depicted here in the forum at another time. It was a older gun at the time and is no more in production, as one poster here had correctly explained in the respective thread.

The present pistol version is in the printed Norinco sales catalogue (as well as its Free Pistol cousin) and also somewhere on the Web. Has been shown on the IWA for a few years. The one whch I handled had the serial nunber 0505003.

Alexander
Alexander

Re: Chinese Olympic Target Pistol

Post by Alexander »

This picture shows its close litter sister, only 3 serial no.s away:
Attachments
StandardPistol-1.jpg
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I have shot it a couple of times now. Steady as a rock, and sufficiently precise. Trigger was maladjusted however, and I am still fumbling. The design seems rather close to Pardini.

Alexander
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

CamelNL wrote:Weird but why does the topic starter edit all his post to 3 dots? ...
Minimum text required by the message board software.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Update: using Baidu as search engine, I found a long and very substantial article on the "new" Chinese .22 sport and standard pistol. The Google machine translation is of course cumbersome and distorted, but it at least gives some insight:
http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/pc/2005-10-16/29/1146.html
Cricman

Post by Cricman »

How about this addition to the Jianshe EMEI line:

They call it a Slow-fire Pistol. I bet Morini called it something else, right before they called their attorney. It comes complete with electronic trigger!

Of course, there are very minor differences from the original; slotted screws, instead of Torx, the reversed position of the power switch and test button, the matte phosphate finish on the barrel, and the straight wire trigger.

cricman