proposed ISSF C/F trigger of 1000g

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

xtreme

proposed ISSF C/F trigger of 1000g

Post by xtreme »

Why???????????
Is this the answer to a question that nobody asked????
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Next step, .22LR :-(
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Why not? CF doesn't suffer from too competitors anyway. For many people, it's way easier (owner's license - way) to have a conversion kit than a 2nd pistol, and btw imho it's also easier to shoot the .32 as a side-show when you can use the same trigger as in the SP. I've even seen Pardinis with conversion kits, which only makes sense when you can use the same trigger. So, I think it makes perfect sense. At least way more than to kill RF by switching to 22lr.
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

But what is the problem with the current trigger weight, that needs to 'fixed'? Every pistol event has its own challenges in format, caliber, grips, trigger wt. etc. Thats what makes pistol shooting interesting to a large number of people.
Is this just to gradually reduce the individual matches by slowly altering the match specs. so that they are so closely aligned, that you can combine them in the future? Eg. C/F and Sport Pistol.
May all your shots be "10's"
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I see the positive aspect in minimizing technical differences between pistols to make it easier to shoot several different matches and to own the different pistols necessary. This was a p.i.t.a. with .32, the ammo is pretty expensive and practicing with SP with a 1000gr trigger is definitely not the same. Now it will be, I can shoot the MG4 with the same grip / trigger setup as the MG2, so I only have to adjust to the heavier recoil of the .32. I'm pretty sure that this WILL make for larger starting lists, unlike what happened to RF. This was the official reason behind the murder of RF, too, so it's only consequent to do it to CF. Next will be FP, which can be shot just as well with a SP, so people don't have to buy all those expensive special pistols - just as everybody now can shoot RF competitively with his Hammerli 208 - LOL.
xtreme

Post by xtreme »

So the next step will be to make it "easier" for competitors to not have to worry about the transition to the larger recoil, from training to competition, and to just have a .22 match, instead of a 32/38 match.
That is what I am getting at.
May all your shots be "10's"
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, on national level almost everybody's already there. Internationally, there is still CISM, who don't always comply with ISSF's ideas, so there is still hope. And, CF is not olympic or otherwise interesting publicitywise, so I don't think ISSF will invest all that much time in that project - not too many chances for the tie-wearers to look photogenic there.