PA Air rifle and Air Pistol Silhouette Championships

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Slowstdy

PA Air rifle and Air Pistol Silhouette Championships

Post by Slowstdy »

Not strickly the type of shooting that people on this forum shoot, but a number of 10 meter pistol shooters do shoot pistol silhouette and have a blast.
PA Air rifle and Air Pistol Silhouette Championships, This Sunday August 17th FTRPA, 354 Newbold Road, Fairless Hills, PA 19030. Free lunch. Weather is going to be perfect. email me for details.
dave.carpenter@FTRPA.com
Fred Mannis

Re: PA Air rifle and Air Pistol Silhouette Championships

Post by Fred Mannis »

Slowstdy wrote:Not strickly the type of shooting that people on this forum shoot, but a number of 10 meter pistol shooters do shoot pistol silhouette and have a blast.
PA Air rifle and Air Pistol Silhouette Championships, This Sunday August 17th FTRPA, 354 Newbold Road, Fairless Hills, PA 19030. Free lunch. Weather is going to be perfect. email me for details.
dave.carpenter@FTRPA.com
Dave
Looking forward to it. I agree, your monthly silhouette matches are a great break from no time limit precision shooting.

Fred
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Dave,
Are our expensive air pistols legal?
Thanks!
Ben
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Freepistol wrote:Dave,
Are our expensive air pistols legal?
Thanks!
Ben
Ben,
Yes they are. Cheap AP are also allowed :-)
Just readjust your sights to POI about 0.5" above POA. This will allow you to hold at the animal's belly. Sort of like a sub 6. My guns shoot flat enough that I don't bother changing sight settings (targets are set at 10, 12.5, 15, 18 yds)

Fred
CraigE

PA Silhouette is challenge/FUN!

Post by CraigE »

These matches are fun, convivial and a definite challenge. As much pleasure as there is from grouping a couple of 10's together on paper, there is a sweet grin that sneaks across your face when one of the critters goes plink and jumps off the rail. Very satisfying. And the free lunch has been good as well. Anyone within driving distance can test skills and have fun. See you there!

Craig
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

I've shot several 40s with my IZH 46M with Walmart pellets. Lots of fun.

We can't shoot outdoor IHMSA here in the winter so we try to keep sharp with APs.

Even with an LP10 you can shoot 4 different classes.

Give it a try if you get the chance.