MatchGuns worried over the low MG2 sales to this country !

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Eric

Rolf, why don´t you just sell your bad MG2....

Post by Eric »

Rolf, why don´t you just handle your nonperforming MG2 over to the "Dead"-dick-Ian?

We have got the message, now, Rolf. Some years of R&D remains for the MG2 to get reliable.

Eric, from "up north".
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

I'm not sure why anybody would question whether Stefano is who he says he is, but just in case that questioning continues, I will personally vouch for him. Three years ago I had troubles with my MG-2 - the spring ball had become bound on the dry fire/live fire selector. Through correspondence with Stefano via e-mail arrangements were made to have the "slide cover" hand-carried by a friend to the Milan World Cup and delivered to the MatchGuns booth there. Stefano ensured the appropriate repairs were made and that my "slide cover" was returned to my friend and in turn returned to me.

This is an example of the very good service that I have experienced from MatchGuns, and of the personal level of attention provided by Stefano. There are other posters here who have had similar positive results after contacting Stefanl (Brian James is one of them, read his post above).

While there may be some very valid complaints about MG-2 reliability, the basic rules of interpersonal relationships apply to firearms service, just as they do to every other aspect of life. I did my best to deal with MatchGuns, and specifically Stefano, in a professional and courteous manner. All of the responses I've received from MatchGuns have likewise been professional and courteous, as well as extremely helpful.

I guess what I'm really trying to say here is that if all you want to do is whine and complain then you're not likely going to get good service from ANY firearms manufacturer. If, however, you take an active role in engaging factory support, and treat the factory folks in a respectful manner I'm reasonably certain you will be very pleased with their responses, just as I have been.

Oh, by the way, a note to Ed Stevens. Not sure which club you're shooting from, but if it's the one I'm thinking of then your MG-2 will be the third one in the club since I've had a pair of MG-2's for quite some time now. :-) If you run into any troubles with yours please don't hesitate to drop me a line.
TB

Hello

Post by TB »

Hello there.

I am new to this forum, but I have been reading a lot here the last couple of weeks.

After reading all that I can find about the MG2, I have more or less decided to get one later this year. Of course the complaints about reliability from some people are a bit concerning, but for strange reasons, the ones that complains the most are also the ones that seems as they don't know what they are talking about. The fact that they refuse to sign up and take part in the community they use so much, seems totally strange and frivolous. In my opinion it should be required to register to write in this forum. This way only serious people would be left.

About "mg2-owner's" miss will of contacting MG staff with the excuse of Norwegian legislation, I can only say try again with a better one. I am pretty sure there is no law against mailing/talking to them. I have begun to skip your post as they make me loose my temper.

Good day gentlemen.
Weekend Shooter

Post by Weekend Shooter »

I ll agree with TB. As mentioned, after reading all the posts, I figure that any manufacturer is allowed a lemon every now and then. I ll tell you, the Benz of my boss is a bomb.

I be taking in an MG2 which appears to be the ultimate when it works as mentioned by even the worst critic and I suspect it's a matter of cleaning. I even ordered an MG1e and see what comes out of it. Darn, it's Italian, it's gotta be good.

The question I d like to ask is, since these pieces are made with pretty tight tolerances, is there something that we ve overlooked like simple regular cleaning with good oil rather than SAE40W?

Btw, I signed up
Axel

Post by Axel »

Hello!

Im logged in, therefore I may have an opinion about the MG2? Nice!

In Sweden we have had nothing but trouble with the MG2. I don't know if Match Guns have decided to ship low quality/unfinished pistols to our country because we are a small shooting nation!? But what I have seen is absolutely crap when it comes to reliability, and I'm surprised to hear that there are well working MG2s at all.

MG2 sales in Sweden must be extremely low (as it is in our neighbor country Norway). The MG2 is a common joke among fellow Swedish shooters.

/Axel
j-team

Post by j-team »

Axel wrote:Hello!

Im logged in, therefore I may have an opinion about the MG2? Nice!

/Axel
At least you have retained your sense of humour!
Guest from Sweden

MG2s just working over and over again!

Post by Guest from Sweden »

Hi all, I am not a member nor logged in, still I want to reflect a balancing opinion from Sweden! In our family we have two MG2 pistols. One early make and one very recent. We are two target shooters in the family and I must say we are VERY HAPPY with our MG2s. The first early make (serial 11xx) had initially some trouble ejecting properly, but by feeding it with ammo giving a "better kick-back" and some breaking-in has resolved this completely. The last purchase (from Denmark actually) is a serial 21xx (close to 2200) and has worked like a Swiss watch from day 1. One can see quite some improvements and engineering changes between the early make and the later make we own. Well, both of us are very happy with our Match Guns MG2 and think it is a fantastic design.
TB

Re: MG2s just working over and over again!

Post by TB »

Guest from Sweden wrote:In our family we have two MG2 pistols. One early make and one very recent..... The last purchase (from Denmark actually) is a serial 21xx (close to 2200).
How recent is the new one? I thought new ones were in the serial 3xxx range?!
Guest from Sweden

Re: MG2s just working over and over again!

Post by Guest from Sweden »

TB wrote:
Guest from Sweden wrote:In our family we have two MG2 pistols. One early make and one very recent..... The last purchase (from Denmark actually) is a serial 21xx (close to 2200).
How recent is the new one? I thought new ones were in the serial 3xxx range?!
I did not actually mean recent manufacture, necessarily, but rather recent purchase. It was delivered March this year. I believe however the 21xx pistol is of the latest technical state!
In any case we (my spouse and I) own one MG2 each and we are happy owners and we shoot flawlessly with our guns. And please mark that we are in posession of these pistols, we use them frequently with "smiling faces" :-). It seems however many opinionated persons that post statements here have only seen these pistols on web-sites!

Bulls-eye Greetings from Sweden!
reidar

Malfunctions

Post by reidar »

Got my new MG2 from the german Gehman company late july. Many malfunctions. Have not found the gun to digest well any ammo yet.
What do I do?
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

kalz wrote:Dear Shooters,
if anyone need some assistence from the factory, please contact me directly with a complete and clear description of the problem , if possible also with some pictures , the serial number of the pistol and place of purchase.
In few days I'll give him the solutions we can offer.

Regards
Stefano
Which sounds much better than my personal experiences with Pardini. They answered an inquiry eventually - in another eon. Same sloth as Fiocchi.

Alexander
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I will write more later today, but in essence I took up Stefano's offer, and wrote to him about my case ejection problem. Within two weeks the Australian distributor contacted me to inform me that the pistol would be upgraded to current specs, with all parts being free of charge, but an installation and testing charge was applied by the distributor. The pistol is back, and functioning PERFECTLY with ANY kind of ammo fed through it. The courtesy and swiftness of Stefano's action, and the professionalism shown by Matchguns and their representatives was astounding. But the most important outcome is that the pistol works FLAWLESSLY, and confidence is returning by the minute.
EdStevens

Post by EdStevens »

Oh, by the way, a note to Ed Stevens. Not sure which club you're shooting from, but if it's the one I'm thinking of then your MG-2 will be the third one in the club since I've had a pair of MG-2's for quite some time now. :-) If you run into any troubles with yours please don't hesitate to drop me a line.
Thanks, Mark! So far so good with my MG-2. I've put a few thousand rounds through it and it is wonderful. I do believe -- as indicated in some of the posts here -- that the early problems have been identified and resolved by the factory through a series of upgrades and improvements over time, thanks in large part to the suffering of early adopters such as yourself. I don't find this surprising. Those with early models that have not been upgraded will continue to experience headaches until they get theirs brought up to the specs of the current "generation."
Claude

Post by Claude »

Finally, after reading this post, I ordered a MG2E.
It would be delivered in 3 or for 4 weeks to Belgium.

Last post here was in 2008.
Any updates about the use of MG2-pistols?
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

just post your pics and thoughts after you receive it. hope it shoots as well as mine.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

EdStevens wrote:that the early problems have been identified and resolved by the factory through a series of upgrades and improvements over time, thanks in large part to the suffering of early adopters such as yourself.
I hope I am not the only one who shakes his head over such a statement...

Alexander
tito64

MG-2

Post by tito64 »

Claude wrote:Finally, after reading this post, I ordered a MG2E.
It would be delivered in 3 or for 4 weeks to Belgium.

Last post here was in 2008.
Any updates about the use of MG2-pistols?
HI CLAUDE, my name is tito from mexico and I have a MG2 mechanical and very happy with my pistol, zero interruptions after 1,000 rounds without any clean at all, just the snakebore.
I owned a feinwerkbau aw-93, walther ssp, pardini sp1 electronic, and this mg2 full all my expectatives ( 3D grips, sights alignment, superb trigger, balanced weight, barrel of 6")
jbshooter

MG2

Post by jbshooter »

I also have a new mechanical MG2 Rapid Fire, serial 41XX. Only shot 100 rounds so far (Lapua PistolKing), no problems, great trigger, grip needed some filling in, manual rather poor but I asked matchguns for a pdf download and got it overnight. Excellent recoil control. Can't wait to put the next 10,000 round through it.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Gee!!!! Matchguns is worried about low sales. What a surprise, I wonder why????? I got it, the gun has had the odour of Pepe Le Pieu since it first was born.For the most part they make good paper weights. Humbug"Doc"
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Bob-Riegl wrote:Gee!!!! Matchguns is worried about low sales. What a surprise, I wonder why?????
They might have been back when this thread started, back in 2008.

All of the comments since 2008 have been complimentary. As you say, "I wonder why?????".