TargetTalk

a place to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pardini SP questions
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:14 pm
Posts: 173
Location: Mt. Joy, PA
I just acquired a Pardini SPE and have a few questions:

1. Are taller front and rear sights available? The sights on the gun now are rather short, and I find myself trying to center a little nub of a front sight in a very shallow rear notch. Taller sights would help immensely, especially in the 10 second series.

2. I once saw a newer Pardini with a black plastic plug that held the bolt open for dry-firing. Can I simply slip a piece of leather or thick cloth between the bolt and chamber face to dry fire without tisking damage to the gun?

3. Are the grips on the SPE and SP interchangeable? I've got a "medium" set on my gun and really could use "large".

Thanks,
Tom Amlie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 1:00 pm
Posts: 274
Tom, assuming you are coming tomorrow, I shoot the Pardini SP and have a collection of grips. I believe they are interchangeable but am not sure.

I don't think the sights come any taller, just varying widths.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 2:50 am
Posts: 810
The electronic part of the SP 1 is in the grip => you can fit a SP 1 grip on a SP new (mechanic trigger) but cannot put the SP new grip on a SP 1 (electronic trigger).

The plastic plug doesn't only maintain the bold open, it also avoid to damage the firing pin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:14 pm
Posts: 173
Location: Mt. Joy, PA
PETE S wrote:
Tom, assuming you are coming tomorrow, I shoot the Pardini SP and have a collection of grips. I believe they are interchangeable but am not sure.


Hi Pete -

You bet I'll be there...I've been looking forward to it for some time.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pardini SP questions
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:04 pm
Posts: 233
Location: Connecticut, USA
TomAmlie wrote:
...
2. I once saw a newer Pardini with a black plastic plug that held the bolt open for dry-firing. Can I simply slip a piece of leather or thick cloth between the bolt and chamber face to dry fire without tisking damage to the gun?
...

Thanks,
Tom Amlie

Hi Tom,
The Pardini doesn't disconnect the trigger until the bolt is almost all the way back, unlike many target pistols that disconnect just as the bolt starts to move. Because of this, you can dry fire with the bolt held open with the dry fire block with much less wear and tear on the hammer, and no wear on the firing pin.

I would either buy a block, or make one out of wood that holds the bolt as far open as the block. Dry firing with the bolt almost closed will result in unnecessary wear to the firing pin.

Good Luck.
Steve.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pardini SP questions
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 2:50 am
Posts: 810
TomAmlie wrote:
I2. I once saw a newer Pardini with a black plastic plug that held the bolt open for dry-firing.


This is probably what you are looking for:
Image
http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=1751413


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:18 pm 
you've just bought an electronic pistol.

you don't need anything in the breech to dry fire, just turn it on and click away. Leave the bolt closed and the hammer forward.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 1:00 pm
Posts: 274
Sorry SPSPSP, the model is the "SPE", which is a much earlier version! I have seen the pistol.

Pardini standard pistol models were in order:
1. SPE
2. SP
3. SP1 and SP NEW (the two current models, one with electronics, the other mechnical)

Mr. Pardini worked hard to create confusion by keeping the designations so similar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pardini SP questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:18 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Dallas
Quote:
I would either buy a block, or make one out of wood that holds the bolt as far open as the block.

Does anyone know where I can buy a block like this? I can't find anything by that description online. All I can find are .22 snap caps.

Kathy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:04 pm
Posts: 233
Location: Connecticut, USA
Hi Kathy,
I don't think you'll find one of these anywhere but Pardini (Larry's guns might have one), but they're pretty easy to make.

To make one just cock the gun and close the slide. Now, ease the slide back until you feel it just touch the hammer. What you want is a block of wood that holds the bolt open just a little less than this. A square block of wood would work just fine. The factory plug has a little piece that goes into the chamber to hold the plug in when you recock the gun, but it's not necesserary. Whatever you make, I'd just cut it so that it didn't sit on the nose of the extractor.

The Pardini design allows this type of plug Since the trigger doesn't disconnect until the hammer is already cocked. That makes it easy (this also won't work on something like a Hammerli, that disconnects as soon as the bolt moves). The beauty of this system is that there's no real impact on the block, and it will last forever (and the firing pin never gets touched, so you can dry fire till the cows come home).

Steve.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pardini SP questions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:25 am
Posts: 16
TomAmlie wrote:
I just acquired a Pardini SPE and have a few questions:

1. Are taller front and rear sights available? The sights on the gun now are rather short, and I find myself trying to center a little nub of a front sight in a very shallow rear notch. Taller sights would help immensely, especially in the 10 second series.

2. I once saw a newer Pardini with a black plastic plug that held the bolt open for dry-firing. Can I simply slip a piece of leather or thick cloth between the bolt and chamber face to dry fire without tisking damage to the gun?

3. Are the grips on the SPE and SP interchangeable? I've got a "medium" set on my gun and really could use "large".

Thanks,
Tom Amlie

1. There are three different front sight heights available, probably you have the mid size if its the original SPE.

2. You will not need anything to protect the gun when dry firing, since the fire pin does not hit the barrel the only thing that can happen is that the fire pin brakes and its cheep and easy to change and you shall always have a spare one since it can break in the middle of a match.

3. Yes


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group