Looking for IZH35M Magazines

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

UApistol

Post by UApistol »

I am looking for IZH35M mags. EAA is all out of stock. If anyone knows where I can find some I would appreciate your feedback
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

I've been looking for springs to rebuild mine when the time comes.

Do you not have any magazines?
UApistol

mags

Post by UApistol »

i have 1 but need more for a competition coming up soon
AlexLand

Post by AlexLand »

I am looking for magazines for IZH-35M too. I did some research and it appears that Feinwerkbau AW93 may have the same magazines as IZH-35M. The gun is a derivative from IZH-35M. The magazines cost like $95 each. But I never tried it. I was also looking for Walther KSP 200 but could not find any magazines for them either.

On a separate subject, I just bought used IZH-35M and once in a while it shoots 2 rounds in "automatic". Is it poorly adjusted trigger or something else?
Mike Taylor

IZH 35 doubling

Post by Mike Taylor »

Three things to consider (could be others, too, but try these first):
Check that the firing pin moves freely. There is no firing pin spring in the IZH 35. With prolonged use the firing pin channel can get so filled with gunk that the pin becomes 'frozen' in the forward position. It can be freed up by disassembly but try liberal application of powder solvent (Hoppes #9 or similar) and shaking slide until firing pin can be heard to move freely.
The sear engagement could be too little. There is a screw adjustment to change this.
Check for burrs or peening around the edges of the recess in the face of the slide where the rim of the cartridge fits. Prolonged use can cause upsetting of the softer metal due to the slide slamming against the face of the barrel. The upset metal can contact the rim of the case and act just like a firing pin as the slide goes forward.
Let us know how it goes.
Mike T.
AlexLand

Izh-35M in automatic mode

Post by AlexLand »

Today I went to the range with the gun (IZH-35M) and adjusted trigger to 1 kg after which proceeded to firing. It was giving me 1 double or one triple firings for every 10 rounds fired. After about 100 rounds it went into full auto and fired all 5 rounds at once, after which I had explaining to do with the range officer. Being relentless, or stupid, I went on firing one shot at a time loaded in magazine to check the gun for accuracy. After about 8 rounds it fired right after the cartridge went into the chamber or may be even a little before - before I even had a chance to touch the trigger. Luckily, I was pointing in the safe direction. At which point I stopped and went home to follow your advises. First, I checked the firing pin. It was moving but not freely. Submerged the rear end of the slide into Hoppes 9 and gently tapped on the end of the firing pin until it really came loose and started to make a clinking sound. The pin is now moving freely. Then I looked at the screw hidden under the left grip and it was turned out quite a bit. I turned it clockwise almost to the end, left about 1/8" sticking out. Too bad, that I cannot go to the range until Sunday to try it out. I'll let you know if it worked. THANK YOU Mike T.! at least I am no longer in complete darkness.
John Ariani

Post by John Ariani »

Gary Forde in Australia has parts. Even a 'kit' for the IZH 35M which contains a stack of spare parts, springs, sight blades and two magazines for about AUD$80 total.
He's superb to deal with too.
email: gazza@datafast.net.au
web site: www.gunsdownunder.com
AlexLand

Replacement of IZH-35 magazine with Feinwerkbau AW93

Post by AlexLand »

EAA will no longer sell spare magazines for IZH-35. Baikal stopped their production. To replace it I just bought a magazine for Feinwerkbau AW93 for $110/each (which is 4 times the price of magazine for IZH). It is a very similar gun designed by russians but a license sold to Germany. The magazine has to be tweeked a little - bottom plastic piece should be shaved off on both sides so that it could be inserted inside IZH grips and about 2 mm of steel has to be shaved off at the bottom of the magazine so that it can be latched by IZH. I'll try to post photos as soon as the work is finished.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

I've spoken to someone at Wolff regarding replacement springs. They don't currently make these, but offered to determine whether they have a suitable substitute if I'll take a few measurements - which I'll do when I have a moment.

Also someone on another forum has advised that they've used High Standard mag springs w/ the 35 mag, though they'd had to cut these.
AlexLand

Post by AlexLand »

Just received an e-mail from Gary Forde in Australia - he does not have any parts for IZH and does not expect to get any.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

Just received an e-mail from Gary Forde in Australia...
me too

From what I've been told, Baikal hasn't necessarily ended production of the 35M permanently. Apparently they tend to build these in batches and may resume production at some time in the future. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they're still suppling parts to dealers in eastern Europe. You'll notice that they still list the 35M on their website - http://www.baikalinc.ru/en/company/45.html
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

solomon grundy wrote:
Just received an e-mail from Gary Forde in Australia...
me too

From what I've been told, Baikal hasn't necessarily ended production of the 35M permanently. Apparently they tend to build these in batches and may resume production at some time in the future. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they're still suppling parts to dealers in eastern Europe. You'll notice that they still list the 35M on their website - http://www.baikalinc.ru/en/company/45.html
FWIW, my prediction is that the IZH35 will return, but at a significantly higher price. I am very happy that I bought mine when I did. :-)
tenex

Re: Izh-35M in automatic mode

Post by tenex »

AlexLand wrote:Today I went to the range with the gun (IZH-35M) and adjusted trigger to 1 kg after which proceeded to firing. It was giving me 1 double or one triple firings for every 10 rounds fired. After about 100 rounds it went into full auto and fired all 5 rounds at once, after which I had explaining to do with the range officer. Being relentless, or stupid, I went on firing one shot at a time loaded in magazine to check the gun for accuracy. After about 8 rounds it fired right after the cartridge went into the chamber or may be even a little before - before I even had a chance to touch the trigger. Luckily, I was pointing in the safe direction. At which point I stopped and went home to follow your advises. First, I checked the firing pin. It was moving but not freely. Submerged the rear end of the slide into Hoppes 9 and gently tapped on the end of the firing pin until it really came loose and started to make a clinking sound. The pin is now moving freely. Then I looked at the screw hidden under the left grip and it was turned out quite a bit. I turned it clockwise almost to the end, left about 1/8" sticking out. Too bad, that I cannot go to the range until Sunday to try it out. I'll let you know if it worked. THANK YOU Mike T.! at least I am no longer in complete darkness.
This sounds a lot like a headspace issue. Take a look at the cases that went off by themselves and look for a firing pin mark. If none exist, you probably have insufficient headspace (this is a problem with a lot of the IZH-35's). I sent mine to EAA to fix, don't know if they still do this, as they don't import anymore. Mine was ammo sensitive, with Federal ammo being the worst, and CCI and RWS being a bit better.

Good luck,
Steve.
tarsgelertt20

Post by tarsgelertt20 »

Check for burrs or peening around the edges of the recess in the face of the slide where the rim of the cartridge fits. Prolonged use can cause upsetting of the softer metal due to the slide slamming against the face of the barrel. The upset metal can contact the rim of the case and act just like a firing pin as the slide goes forward.