IZH-46M pistol grip PICS

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Thanks Toznerd, although I think you may have confused things even more.

Spencer, you may be right. I can certainly see your point. "Not encircling the hand" is obviously the intent.
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

David Levene wrote: Spencer, you may be right. I can certainly see your point. "Not encircling the hand" is obviously the intent.
Exactly. The fact that the underside of the rear projection of my LP1 grip slopes slightly to the right does not equate to encircling the hand. If 'not encircling the hand' is the intent, then it would be better to simply limit the width of the rear projection.

Enough. I'm off to practice. :-)
GS3

Post by GS3 »

I hit the grips again. I noticed when pulling the gun up to the target that my sight really do line up to the target. That is keeping my eyes open and sweeping the gun to target sight, NOT doing it blindly. I do not have a form developed so I would not be able to tell if the gun or I was off. Probably both. I need to read up on how to stand, and hold the gun.

This is my second "go at" the grips. I will hang with these for a while (almost 300rds now with the izzy) to see where/what I will remove and how much next.
Again, thanks to all who posted.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Fred Mannis wrote:
David Levene wrote: Spencer, you may be right. I can certainly see your point. "Not encircling the hand" is obviously the intent.
Exactly. The fact that the underside of the rear projection of my LP1 grip slopes slightly to the right does not equate to encircling the hand. If 'not encircling the hand' is the intent, then it would be better to simply limit the width of the rear projection.
Spencer

If you take the centre-line of the pistol out of the equation, how would you explain to Fred the way he should define the point where angles should be measured from. "Encircling the hand" in the tiny extent we are talking about, may not be accepted as such by some people.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

One thing that is changed in the 'new' drawing in the latest printing (ISSF 8.17.0) is the removal of the pistol from the diagram that relates to curvature. The angles and curvatures are in relation to the 'griffasche' (an interesting word that roughly translates as 'the plane of the grip').

The location of the grip to the pistol body is immaterial - provided the pistol also fits in the appropriate box.

Spencer
ERIK_A

Post by ERIK_A »

I noticed the post on the shelf screws. I have had issues keeping them tight as well. I have about 1000 rounds through my Izzy at this point and find that they are always working loose. What length M4 hex are you using?

Erik
ERIK_A

Post by ERIK_A »

bump for screw answer and more grip pics
bigred

Post by bigred »

ERIK_A wrote:bump for screw answer and more grip pics
I checked the screws out on Sunday at the local hardware store (took them out and brought them for comparison. The Screws in the grip are 16mm M4's. The ones in the palm shelf are about 20mm (they had nothing equivalent to compare against). The other thing to note is that the diameter of the screw heads in the grip are smaller than those in the palm rest. Unfortunately, I could not find any hex-slotted bolts, they were all slot-headed. I did pick up some new washers though.

What you could do is get M4 nuts for the inside of the shelf - they would add to the staying-power of the bolts.
1z4u2c

Izh grips

Post by 1z4u2c »

Thought you guys might want to see some woods and waters grips.[img][img]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj29 ... C01914.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj29 ... C01918.jpg[/img][/img]
stefanS

Post by stefanS »

My grip has a more agressive angle, is shaped with body filler material and stained.

Image[/img]
stubbicatt

Post by stubbicatt »

Glad I found this topic, as I simply must trim my grips some. This looks like a pretty involved task.

Thanks guys.