Anschutz LP@

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jamdon

Anschutz LP@

Post by jamdon »

I would like to get opinions on this pistol from owners. Trigger characteristics, balance, etc.

Thanks in advance.

-donovan
AAlex

Post by AAlex »

Same guts as Lp10, different barrel. Trigger is just OK, compared to the Morini.

I chose lp@ because i like the balance "downstairs" rather than on the barrel.
The balance adjustment possibilities are wider than on Lp10 imho.

At this point you might want to wait for the new Lp10 with ball-bearing trigger to become available.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Having had a ball bearing lp10 in my hands, I doubt about the real benefit of the ball bearing trigger.

About the LP@, it is indeed the same as the LP10 excepted the barrel, compensator and front sight that are specific:
- the barrel is said to be different, actually it is not clear if the barrel is really different or if there is only no barrel mantelpiece
- the compensator is different
- the front sight is a triangular rotating one with three width
- the additional weights come below the barrel on a separate rod

The Lp@ is also a little bit heavier than the lp10 (due to the rod that supports the weights that seems to be heavier than the lp10 mantelpiece). This rod and its mounting piece can be removed.

Finally, the manometer on the lp@ cylinder (available in silver or red, no blue or gold, fully compatible with the lp10 and labeled... Steyr Sportwaffen !) is more accurate than the manometer on the lp10 (and lp50 and lp2) cylinders.

About the balance adjustements, I do not think that the adjustement is wider, only the balance is different.

Finally, since the lp@ and lp10 come from the same factory, we can expect that sooner or later, the lp@ will also have the ball bearing trigger.

When is pretty difficult to know since there was no clear announcement for the lp10 ball bearing trigger introduction date.

Only, from a given date, the new delivered lp10 came with the ball bearng trigger (that is even not yet mentionned on the steyr website) so for the moment, shops having some lp10 in stock still deliver the version without ball bearing trigger while shops having recently received lp10 deliver the lp10 with the ball bearing trigger.

It could be the same for the lp@ with the difference that the lp@ is much less popular than the lp10 and, as consequence, few shops have the lp@ in stock.
AJ008

Post by AJ008 »

Mine is dead accurate. I love it! I did put a Steyr trigger shoe on it and that really helped it out a lot!
Very good quality!
johnbraks

Post by johnbraks »

I did the same thing. The wide trigger shoe on my LP50 has a better tactile feel about it so I swapped them. You do not lose anything by going with the LP@ (I have Rink grip). You gain the rotating front sight which makes it easier to quickly see if this has any effect on sight picture or alignment. I also have a Morini 162EI. I wish Steyr/Anschutz would use English letters on their rear sight adjustment directions like the Morini does.
jamdon

Thanks

Post by jamdon »

I would like to express my gratitude to all who posted a response. I just today purchased a used one that is in like new condition. Absolutely no wear marks nor scratches.

I got it with the following accessories: Morini grip, a stack of Edelman targets, pellet shaker box, .177 scoring gauge, cleaning pellets, 2 tanks, misc tools, manual and of course the carrying case. Only thing missing is the fill adapter, which I guess I can buy from our host. The original receipt was for $900.00 dated 2/18/03. I paid $900.00. With the way these prices go up, these guns make pretty good investments. You can enjoy them for a few years & then resell for what you paid or maybe more.

I am looking forward to enjoying this pistol.
Nicole Hamilton

Post by Nicole Hamilton »

AAlex wrote:Trigger is just OK, compared to the Morini.
Owners of the LP10 will spot this immediately as a typo. But others may be confused and not realize that you really meant to say that the Morini is just OK compared to the Steyr. :)