Rink vs. Nill?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bill A

Rink vs. Nill?

Post by Bill A »

Hi,

I'm looking to replace the factory grips on my 1986 vintage GSP with something more modern (with fingergrooves) and well, snazzier. Anything to choose between Nill and Rink? Yes, I should try 'em both out and make an informed choice, but I won't have the opportunity to do that. . .

Thanks,
Bill
Richard H

Re: Rink vs. Nill?

Post by Richard H »

Bill A wrote:Hi,

I'm looking to replace the factory grips on my 1986 vintage GSP with something more modern (with fingergrooves) and well, snazzier. Anything to choose between Nill and Rink? Yes, I should try 'em both out and make an informed choice, but I won't have the opportunity to do that. . .

Thanks,
Bill
I have both plus a Morini and a factory grip for my GSP and personally I prefer the Nill, but that being said grips are a very personal thing. I did like the Rink, until I got the Nill which I like better.
Last edited by Richard H on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matvei

Post by Matvei »

I think there is no right or wrong answer to this issue. The grip's fitting depends on the anatomy of the shooter's hand. I have tried both grips, and as my fingers are disproportional long and palm extremely concave, I have chosen to use Rink grips with convex and thick volume. For example, with Morini CM22 the thick grip is excellent, as it prevents longer fingers to touch magazine.
James Way

Post by James Way »

One thing to keep in mind here is that the sizes for the two different companies do not exactly correspond.

Here is what Nill says from their website: Small (70-80 mm), Medium (80-90 mm), Large (90-100 mm), Extra Large (100-110 mm). They also have a "Standard" size for some models which is 85-95 mm.

This is from the Rink website (and these are maximum dimensions): Extra Small (80 mm), Small (85 mm), Medium (90 mm), Large (95 mm), Extra Large (100 mm).

Here is my personal experience. My hand has about a 90 mm width across the knuckles. I first bought a Rink size medium. It is a wonderful grip, and very convenient to adjust. Still, after using it for a while, I thought maybe it was a tight fit. Thinking I should go with something bigger, I bought a Nill large for the same pistol. Big mistake! Because a large Nill is designed to accommodate a much larger maximum width, the finger grooves were far too large for my hand. If your hand is borderline, you might be able to go with either the larger or smaller size with a Rink, but with the Nill, the smaller size is probably the better option.

Still, the Nill people were very nice when I told them I needed to exchange. In fact, I have e-mailed both companies (in English) and always received a courteous reply.
Bill A

Post by Bill A »

James,

Thank you, very good information. I've had a lotta grips in my time, but never Rink or Nill (except some old Nills for a S&W K-frame).

Best,
Bill