Anyone else having problems with the Hammerli AR30?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Sparks

Anyone else having problems with the Hammerli AR30?

Post by Sparks »

Folks,
We got a few of the new AR30s in our club a year or two ago, and while the stock is a magnificient idea with a good implementation, we're despairing at the actual mechanism. Apart from the plastic loading lever, which feels like it'll break if you look at it wrong, the seals keep blowing out and the mechanisms keep breaking and failing to charge or failing to fire. This has happened now on 4 out of 4 rifles bought.

Is it just us, or are others having similar problems?
TWP

Post by TWP »

I had 2 shooters with AR50's.

Both had problems with them. Both are now shooting Anschutz 9003's.
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

My daughter has been shooting an AR50 for about four years. Aside from changing o-rings on the cylinder mount every few months, no problems.
guest8

Post by guest8 »

My son has shot an AR50 for 4 yrs. We have resealed only once. Make sure when you open the bolt that you let it fly back on its own. If you try and keep it from opening so hard it will not charge the regulator fully and problems occur (experience talking).
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Um, guys, thanks for the information, but it was the AR30 I was thinking of:

peepsight

AR 30

Post by peepsight »

Hi

It might be worth mentioning that Walther now market Hammerlie air guns. In fact Walther market the AR30 as the Walther LG30. There are one or two subtle differences but it is the same rifle.

Try asking Walther if they can help out with the problems as the last time i tried to E Mail Hammerlie in Switzerland i got transferred to Walther.

Peepsight