ITS FINALLY DONE...ALL ALUMINUM PACHMAYER STYLE PISTOL CASE

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
askernie

ITS FINALLY DONE...ALL ALUMINUM PACHMAYER STYLE PISTOL CASE

Post by askernie »

Its finally done...

Here is the finished all aluminum Pachmayr style pistol box ready for orders...This thing is awesome...Holds 10 meter pistols.

Anyone interested...email me

Ernie the Eyeball

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/ ... ecase1.jpg
Misny

Post by Misny »

Ernie,

You don't have an e-mail address posted anywhere that I saw. I have a couple of questions. Since most of the air pistol/free pistol matches I shoot do not have returning targets I need to use a spotting scope. Can a Gil Hebard adjustable scope mount be installed on the inside of the door? Does your box accommodate a Morini 84E? Can your gun box securely hold 6" revolvers? Does your gun box have a back door? Is there room for scoped autos? Of course the burning question, how much? Thanks.
DWG

Post by DWG »

The case in the picture looks an awful lot like the Strong Case pistol box from Champions Choice for 240$. Can you tell us more?
askernie

SAME MANUFACTURER....WAY DIFFERENT BOX....

Post by askernie »

NOT THE SAME BOX....Champion doesn't make that box, they just sell a bullseye version of it...I worked with the manufacturer to "tailor" this box toward 10 meter shooters and free pistol shooters.

This box WILL hold standard regulation (3) 10 meter pistols

This box will also be available for FREE PISTOLS shooters

This box has an ADJUSTABLE pistol clamp that can move horizontally to accomodate different style 10 meter pistols and OTHER pistols that the shooter may have.

Multiple mounting options for a scope.

ALL MY IDEAS...BY THE WAY.

As I have mentioned before in other posts, the reality is that a great majority of 10 meter shooters like myself, are shooting at High Schools, open fields, backyards, rec centers...etc...

The box is comfortable in the sense you an take everything with you. You dont have to take your tripod, spotting scope, small case holding your pistol,another case for tools..etc..Its all there

NOW...I will say that if you are fortunate enough to have the time, travel money, or convenience to drive or travel to REAL ISSF setups ...WELL then you are right, this box may not be suitable since you are normally alotted a small table and the eletronic monitor elimintates the need for a spotting scope. Your lucky if you get a table behind you for extra stuff..

Its not for everyone, but if you have several $1000-$1500 air pistols, a few centerfires and you shoot at one range at multiple events...then THIS may be the box for you.

Ernie the Eyeball
DWG

Post by DWG »

All this is fine, and just what I am looking for to reduce the amount of stuff brought into a match. The burning question is, where can one be gotten and how much?
cdf

Post by cdf »

Looks very nice , you have put a lot of effort into this project .

Chris
thbauer

ALL ALUMINUM PACHMYER STYLE PISTOL CASE

Post by thbauer »

Did something happen to Ernie? No response to either the e-mail or PM I sent early last week asking for additional information, source and cost for his creation.
Has anyone else heard back from him with order, cost info?

Ted
scout18

Post by scout18 »

Cool box Earnie. After the last discussion that I saw on this I made my own based on my limited experience and needs that I have seen at the club I uaually shoot at. It has a removable pistol stand with room in the back to hold at least one more pistol. The box is made of finger jointed baltic birch and veneered in walnut. The pistol stand is covered in elk hide.
Attachments
box 002.jpg
box 002.jpg (44.63 KiB) Viewed 8517 times
scout18

Post by scout18 »

Here is the outside of my pistol case in a singularly bad photo.
Attachments
box 003.jpg
askernie

Sorry Guys...I have been sooooo busy with work...

Post by askernie »

I will be answering all emails regarding the box today....

The box is just awesome...I makes shooting so easy now...I have to say it has been one of the best investments I have made in my shooting sport.

Thanks

Ernie the Eyeball
askernie

ALUMINUM PACHMAYR STYLE BOX IS ON EBAY...

Post by askernie »

caseman

pistol case

Post by caseman »

[/b]

Nice case scout18. Takes me way back to the time when my brother and I use to make the wooden/vinyl covered carry cases,(Case Craft/Gardena,CA), for Frank Packmayer of Packmayer Gun Works in LA, CA.

I've often thought of bringing them back and including cases for Air Pistols as well. Something I might talk to big brother about.

Any comments would be helpful........rchprodan@yahoo.com

RLP
caseman

alumin vs wooden

Post by caseman »

Askernie, aluminum may be nice but seeing how I am a nostalgic kind of guy and partial to the old style wooden cases I made for Frank I prefer wooden over metal or plastic,(which Whitey tried out for awhile)

RLP
ciscovt

Aluminum Pistol Box

Post by ciscovt »

This truly appears to be a Strong Case mod #2008 three gun box which is 4" longer than the mod #1608, 3 gun box and is made to accomodate free pistols and air pistols. I will admit that I have not tried my air pistol in it yet. I have had one of the Strong #2008 boxes for a couple of months. I am very happy with the Strong Case that I bought from a fellow shooter from NJ who sells them.

cisco
Fabian

Here is the link to the multiple cases offered by Strong..

Post by Fabian »

askernie

I'm still around....Still Shooting...

Post by askernie »

As I mentioned in the original post, I worked with the owner of Strong Case to design that Pistol Box.

The current Strong Case offers all the mods I suggested to the owner with the exception of the up and down vertical adjustment of he tray which was done in the prototype which he sent me ( My personal case).

I later sold that case to a Targettalk reader and pistol shooter.

I believe WITHOUT A DOUBT that the strong case line is the best in the world.

If you have any questions, please email me.

Thanks

Ernie