The winner of the Women's 25m Pistol Olympic Final is....

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

Re: The winner of the Women's 25m Pistol Olympic Final is....

Post by Rover »

David Levene wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:03 am
Green_Canoe wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:28 am The need for insurance was no better illustrated than by the Indian AP shooter and the issue she had with her Morini. A spare pistol might have saved her day. $2k is nothing compared to the costs incurred to get in the door at a high level competition.
I understand that she was carrying a spare but, for some reason (much discussed in the Indian press), she was not happy with the grip.

Tip: if you are going to carry a spare then make sure you train with it to make sure it works and feels right.
Gee, I guess it was beyond her, her coach, or anyone else to trade grips.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

How the heck do you break the loading lever on a Morini anyway? Are they a trouble spot?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

First time I've ever heard of it, but you never know.

One student I coach went the the Junior Olympics in Colorado, and when he packed his pistol (a Steyr LP10) to ship it back, he left the ECI cord in place, with the lever up. Possibly just from closing the case that way or at least by the time the airline gorillas were through with it, the lever was bent. I managed to straighten it, but there are only so many times you can do that...

I remember seeing an air gun smith posting on-line some place pleading with people NOT to leave the ECI in place during shipping & travel. Apparently he has a steady stream of pistols/rifles sent for repair that are damaged that way.
Leon

Post by Leon »

-TT- wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:43 pm How the heck do you break the loading lever on a Morini anyway? Are they a trouble spot?
If she was using a CM200EI, I believe the loading levers are now made out of carbon fibre - which seems to be not as strong as steel, despite what all the advertising says.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Would she have been allowed to swap grips on the line?

Bob
David M

Post by David M »

Different models, CM162 and CM200, different grips.
David M

Post by David M »

Leon wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:26 pm
-TT- wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:43 pm How the heck do you break the loading lever on a Morini anyway? Are they a trouble spot?
If she was using a CM200EI, I believe the loading levers are now made out of carbon fibre - which seems to be not as strong as steel, despite what all the advertising says.
Normally don't break but do come loose.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Ah, well, there you go! Pardini grips would have been interchangeable.

Bob
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

David M wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:18 pm Different models, CM162 and CM200, different grips.
At the Olympic level, why on earth would you have a completely different back-up pistol? That makes no sense.
Green_Canoe

Post by Green_Canoe »

Gwhite wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:04 am
David M wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:18 pm Different models, CM162 and CM200, different grips.
At the Olympic level, why on earth would you have a completely different back-up pistol? That makes no sense.
I'm just guessing here, but I wonder if it has something to do with the lower income level in India compared to the wealth we are accustomed to in N. America and Europe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_in_India
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If she had the money for two pistols, why get different ones? It may have to do more with availability of different models, but if she was shooting the 162, I would think those would be more common than a 200.

At the Olympic level, I would think the support to deal with this would be better.
David M

Post by David M »

Even if different, both should have been set up to be competition ready.
Sorry, but this was very poor match planning.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

David M wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:01 pm Even if different, both should have been set up to be competition ready.
+1