Pardini K10 cylinder valve washer?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
metman

Pardini K10 cylinder valve washer?

Post by metman »

I need a replacement washer for a K10 air cylinder. The one on the valve has a tiny chip broken off that causes a fast leak. It looks like a simple replacement. However when I looked into ordering one from Pardini USA (cost: 10 bucks) the international shipping to Montreal was unreal, so I'm hoping I can find a source that is easier on my budget. It's a plastic (delrin?) washer OD 0.236" ID 0.123" thickness maybe 0.03".
Anyone got any suggestions?
brent375hh

Re: Pardini K10 cylinder valve washer?

Post by brent375hh »

Look at a 6mm square section o-ring that is hard durometer, like 90A. If you can find one locally, it's worth a try. Round might also work as well.

Most airgun manufacturers didn't dream up new seals just for their products.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Telephone PardiniUSA and ask if they will put the washer in a normal First Class Letter envelope.

Personally, if I were to mail you the washer I would tape it to a piece of paper, address the envelope, apply a stamp, and send it one it's way.

Yes, Customs might confiscate your washer; but, it's worth a try.

Cheers,

Dave
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

If the K10 cylinder is anything like the K12, yes it is a simple job to replace, I've not measured up my spares to compare it to yours but will do later, what I will say is that use a O ring that is harder than the normal common all garden shore 70, a shore 90 hardness is working well for me in that sealing job. I use the pistol a lot so it gets a lot of cylinder changes and the replacement washers on both cylinders are holding up very well.

Edit
Now measured up the shore 90 (hard) O rings I have used on the K12 cylinder, the K10 may not be the same but the cylinders look the same and the same fill adapter fits in both.

Metric: OD 7.25mm, ID 3.69mm, Thickness 1.78mm

Imperial: OD 0.285in, ID 0.145in, Thickness 0.070

When I took mine out they looked square in section (compressed to that shape) but I already had a complete seal set and no square sections were supplied so worked out what O rings went where and measured up the ones for the valve in the cylinder and ordered some from an engineering supplier. "Gerard" on here has done a great "how to" on how to reseal the cylinders.