Thoughts on the Tec-Hro Fanatic?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

anatomic14

Thoughts on the Tec-Hro Fanatic?

Post by anatomic14 »

I am thinking about making a switch to an aluminum stock smallbore, and the Fanatic seems like a pretty good option for me, as I would like to keep using my KK300 action. So, I would like to hear any opinions about it. Also, does anybody know if the stock is compatible with the standard Walther buttplate carrier plates?
kyh

Re: Thoughts on the Tec-Hro Fanatic?

Post by kyh »

I have tech-hro fanatic stock with anschutz 2013 action on it. I did not like the original grip that come with the stock, not very comfortable in my opinion. You can not use other grip. I modified a FWB grip, but it looks ugly after putting the epoxy to fill in the void. I end up upgraded with the rink grip. I have an anschutz 4775 butt plate attached to it. I don't see why it will not fit the KK300 butt plate. It is pretty much standard. I also upgraded the original cheek piece with NJ carbon. Not as hard as the original cheek piece, more comfortable in my opinion. I had to modify by drilling and tapping two screw holes on the piece.

Overall , I liked my set up, but it is one heavy rifle! If you are doing bench shooting, it will be fine. But it will be difficult if you do standing position shooting. Unless you are arnold schwarzenegger....