Don’t like loading magazines..look at this aftermarket speedloader for Matchguns MG2.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
SlartyBartFast

Re: Don’t like loading magazines..look at this aftermarket speedloader for Matchguns MG2.

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Good lord people are over complicating things.

The magazine is only 5 rounds. So discussion of larger loaders is ridiculous.
As stated, no magazine can be loaded before the load command in ISSF. The time to load is plenty generous to load a magazine with 5 by hand. But might be tight (and not to mention the break of concentration and nerves) if you mess up and send between 1 and 5 rounds shooting out the magazine by error. So a single magazine and single loader is probably plenty.
NRA competition gives you precious little time to load, so possibly multiple loaders and multiple magazines could make things easier and better paced.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
SlartyBartFast

Re: Don’t like loading magazines..look at this aftermarket speedloader for Matchguns MG2.

Post by SlartyBartFast »

kevinweiho wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:24 pm If convenience is your thing, having a few loaded spare magazines would make better sense than using a speed loader...

https://www.krale.shop/en/magazine-matc ... ounds.html
The price of MG2 magazines is stunningly low...
But having multiple magazines doesn't remove the convenience of a device to make loading easier and less error prone.

Waiting to see Krale pricing on the MG2 EVO. With the proceeds of the sale of a house, a set of MG1, MG2, MG4, MG5 would be mighty nice...
- FAS SP607
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The theoretical intent is safety. No rounds in the magazine means the pistol can not be loaded with a single step. I don't see that having the ammunition in something other than the magazine violates that.

I say "theoretical" because the officials seem to get carried away at times. I had a recent discussion about exactly how the Safety-flag/empty-chamber-indicator rules are being enforced. The ISSF rules say

"Safety flags must be inserted in all guns that are not in gun cases or boxes before athletes are called to the line, when leaving a firing point, after firing is completed and when personnel must go forward of the firing line."

My question was whether sitting down directly behind your position constituted "leaving a firing point".

Apparently this is now often being enforced at major international competitions as "the safety flag must be inserted any time the shooters hand is not on the pistol", which is NOT what the rule says.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Gwhite wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:49 am Apparently this is now often being enforced at major international competitions as "the safety flag must be inserted any time the shooters hand is not on the pistol", which is NOT what the rule says.
Whether or not that is how the rule should be enforced, I think that's the easiest routine to practice.
No requirement for EIC at the range, but I've started using one and inserting it every time I remove the magazine and put a gun down. Hopefully makes the action ingrained and I won't be that guy on the line the safety officer is pointing to and waiting on when the "Is the line clear?" command is issued.
- FAS SP607
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

It's not a huge deal for .22's, but snaking a safety flag line through many air pistols is a pain in the neck. Unless the cord is perfectly straight, they tend to hang up in the "compensator"/gas-stripper. Some pistols are easier to thread if you do it from the front, but apparently some officials are assessing a penalty for anyone who does that. Again, this is NOT specified in the rules:

6.2.2.2 Safety flags constructed of fluorescent orange or a similar bright material must be inserted in all rifles, pistols and semi-automatic shotguns at all times except when safety flag removal is authorized by these rules. To demonstrate that air guns are unloaded, safety flags (safety lines) must be long enough to extend through the full length of the barrel.

I am assuming that the penalty is for some perceived safety violation.
joel

Post by joel »

How did rules get involved about a thread regarding a Matchguns MG-2 speedloader?
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The question is whether having a pile of loaded speed-loaders will get you in trouble at an ISSF match. I don't see that it is technically against the rules, but that won't stop some officials from making a stink over it.