The big "Show your airpistol"-Topic

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kevinweiho

Re: The big "Show your airpistol"-Topic

Post by kevinweiho »

clarky wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:11 am lol...whats it accurate range ...but jokes apart, kinda why im a fan of my pistol...no tanks, gas or pumping..cock and load and away..
I have shot down toy soldiers accurately from a distance of 15 ft....the pistol is capable of launching darts up to around 50 ft... I also like the KISS principle, that's why I own an Izzy46M, FWB 103, and a Beeman P17...springers, I have a Diana 5G, P5 magnum and a FWB 80...
tkinva

Post by tkinva »

Feinwerkbau C25
"It's better to have a catatonk atlatl than a catatonic axolotl."
clarky

Post by clarky »

That aint a pistol ...its a farm implement lol..
Jokes apart nice gun but hate the hanging bottle....can it not be adapted for air.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

Feinwerkbau made the CO2 variant with a 'bottle' in front of the trigger guard presumably to bring the pistol's center of gravity to the rear . The C02 FWBs were solid steel it seems and quite heavy compared to the newer APs of today .

If you were a good shot , you could get respectable scores with a gun like this .

A word of encouragement to older AP shooters .. I read somewhere that Ragnar Skanaker shot respectable scores up to the age of 83 ! So we have no excuse .
Someone even said that he sometimes took 28 seconds to let off a shot in a competition ! That is contrary to what everyone is taught . Apparently , the gifted special ones are liberated from the rules and devise their own techniques.
clarky

Post by clarky »

I agree with the age thing. We had a 93 year old club shooter until a year ago attended every week and matched anyone in the club.
I think the key was keeping his body in reasonable shape with walking and he apparently used small ladies dumbbells to keep some of the muscle mass in his arms. He said it helped him holding steady on aim and aided his breathing..
He liked my FAS for the light weight...and often used it..
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Just got this in!
LuseKofte

Post by LuseKofte »

HI 
I am new to this forum. Owned a couple of air pistols before A Walther CP latest CO 2 version before compressed air came into market and a Steyr LP 10.
Due to arthritis I gave up shooting and sold my small bore pistol and air pistols.
Now I missed it so much that I bought me a new.
A deal I could not refuse, I was about to buy a new Steyr and came over a Matchgun MGH1 hybrid for less than 900€ sitting back in the store.
The grip was medium and too small for me so I ordered a Rink grip for it. When it arrived couple of days ago I noticed the air tanks was glittery silver ;) so Changed my order from walnut to laminated blue yellow brown :D
It will for sure be the clubs clown. I tested it, and it got. marvelous electric trigger, mechanical was not bad, but not as good

IT gonna be recreation shooting, so why not pimp it up. But I really liked the pistol. In general weapons is just a tool for me. I use them for hunting and do not care much about looks, as long as it is adequate quality
nick marshall

Post by nick marshall »

Here are a couple of mine. Not had much time with them recently. Must make more effort.

jckstrthmghty

Post by jckstrthmghty »

Just like every other run of the mill vanilla lp10e. Mint as the previous owner barely took her out of the case. She'll get some use now.

Elmas

Post by Elmas »

A good buy ... enjoy
Leon

Post by Leon »

jckstrthmghty wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:21 pm Just like every other run of the mill vanilla lp10e. Mint as the previous owner barely took her out of the case. She'll get some use now.

Where is the Steyr plastic emblem that should occupy the spot in the palm shelf? The disappearance of these seem quite common...
Leon

Post by Leon »

tkinva wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:48 pm Image
Walther CPM-1
Absolutely lovely CPM-1 that you have. I wish I still had mine - one of the nicest AP that I had ever owned.
jckstrthmghty

Post by jckstrthmghty »

Leon wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:36 am Where is the Steyr plastic emblem that should occupy the spot in the palm shelf? The disappearance of these seem quite common...
I really don't know. I picked it up used and only noticed later on. Quite mint otherwise. Seems like it sat on the shelf not having ever fired a shot other than the test target from the factory.