200 BAR to quick connect for Morini adapter ...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
prowling

200 BAR to quick connect for Morini adapter ...

Post by prowling »

I just got a manual pump to fill the Morini 162ei up, and the high pressure hose has a quick connect fitting. The Morini fill adapter looks to be a pretty standard 200 BAR male thread. So, if anyone has experience in sourcing such an item, point me in the direction of a 200 BAR to quick connect adapter that will accept the Morini fill adapter.
Many thanks, in advance.
David Levene

Re: 200 BAR to quick connect for Morini adapter ...

Post by David Levene »

Isn't it possible to remove the hose and just screw the Morini adaptor straight into the pump?
Frenzy81

Post by Frenzy81 »

It looks like you may have purchased the wrong one, then...

Perhaps you can find some fittings but after having done that excercise after we bought a compressor I'd say it'll cost too much.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Get in tuch with Richard at "Bestfittings". He may be able to solve your problem, I recon.

richard@bestfittings.co.uk
prowling

Post by prowling »

David Levene wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:23 am Isn't it possible to remove the hose and just screw the Morini adaptor straight into the pump?
Hmmmm, interesting thought. I'm not sure, but I'll check on that.
Frenzy81

Post by Frenzy81 »

Just for kicks, here's my story:

We bought a Bauer compressor from a shooting store, and the plan was to use that to fill 3 scuba tanks that the shooters would use on our 10m range - so we wouldn't have to listen to compressor noise there. We immediately had problems, there didn't seem to be any way of letting out the pressure inside the scuba tank valve and the compressor hose after we'd filled the tank.

After having reached the 230 bars inside the tank I closed the tank valve, then closed the compressor valve and shut it off. But since the pressure between the tank and compressor wasn't being released I was unable to unscrew the compressor filling valve from the tank, and had to let all the air out of both before it was free to open. After some research I bought a 200 bar hose with fittings and a pushbutton vent from eBay, that we used between the scuba tank and the compressor filling valve, and that worked as I expected. Expensive though, I think I paid 100-150 € for that piece.

Only after a year or so we discovered that this compressor was a "shooting sport edition" that was meant to fill AP/AR cylinders directly, and since these don't need to release the pressure (some release while unscrewing, others have pushbutton vents built into the filling adapter) they didn't include it in this version. We took it to a local Bauer dealer who retrofitted and/or reconfigured the filling valve on the compressor, so it doesn't only shut off the air from the compressor but also drains the air trapped between the valve and the tank.

Lesson learned :)
Silvershooter

Post by Silvershooter »

I have one of these surplus to requirements if it is what you need.

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/fil ... pa-18-bsp/

The 1/8" BSP one

I'm in the UK
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Hello-

I am attaching a photo of a quick connect fitting, with a 200 DIN female adapter that I purchased at Precision Airguns and Supplies, for your reference-

The 200 DIN fill adapter-
https://www.precisionairgunsandsupplies ... illadapter

I think this is the quick disconnect I purchased (not sure, as I just told Jim what I needed it for)-
https://www.precisionairgunsandsupplies ... spmale.htm

I would call Precision Airguns (Jim) and tell them what you are doing. He will send you exactly what is in the photo. It works with a Hill pump. I am now using it with a quick disconnect system on my dive tanks, and it also works well.

Kind regards,
m1963
Attachments
4C34DE85-B403-454A-A45B-53A0BE79BF3E.jpeg
GKU

Post by GKU »

@ prowling,
Sound like you purchase the wrong pump ?

The Morini adapter that comes with the gun screws into these pump types.

After which you can go into different configurations to fill your Morini.
I've remove the fitting on this pump and added a foster male fitting to fill off of my CF tanks whip hose with a quick disconnect fitting.
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Vent ... _Seal/3550

From left to right: Male foster, 200 DIN adaptor (JIm at Precision AGs posted above is a cool guy to get this from), Morini fill adaptor that came with your gun.

Also I can screw the Morini fill adaptor directly onto my CF tank 200 DIN but I have different airguns to fill that require their own fill probes.

Also, with the 200 DIN adaptor from JIm at Precision AGs you might be able to remove your hose and screw it directly onto your hand pump and not need the male foster.

~ Greg
prowling

Post by prowling »

Thanks for the lead on Precision Air Guns, I'll get in touch with him after this weekends "Snowpocalypse" is over ...

BTW: No such thing as "the wrong pump" y'all ... Just need the RIGHT ADAPTER.
GKU

Post by GKU »

prowling wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:57 am BTW: No such thing as "the wrong pump" y'all ... Just need the RIGHT ADAPTER.
The right pump already comes with the RIGHT ADAPTER.
You just need to buy the right adaptor to make it right.

Also you need to make sure, it depend on the pump brand you bought the threading might be the wrong type.
If not, it could be a dangerous fitting.

~ Greg
prowling

Post by prowling »

The RIGHT PUMP is the one that I have, which was free and still in the box.
Any adapter that performs its function of coupling this pump to my Morini fill adapter—and is not unreasonably expensive—is the RIGHT ADAPTER.
I don't really care about other available pumps that already have the correct coupling, that point is moot.
Capisce?
Grazie.