Poll: How Often Do You Clean Your Barrel?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Christopher Miceli

Re: Poll: How Often Do You Clean Your Barrel?

Post by Christopher Miceli »

don't shoot those felt pellets in the pardini. Only barrel scrubbing for those heathens.
Last edited by Christopher Miceli on Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j-team

Post by j-team »

deadeyedick wrote:.

Come on J...you can do better...show me the ransom squashed and reversed test !
Did you not notice the part of your post that I quoted in that response?

How about you do it and prove me wrong? (and BTW, Ransom rests are not as good as a machine vice bolted to a concrete plinth). Or just shoot some offhand and see if you can honestly notice any difference in scores?
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

atomicgale wrote:Regarding the SMOOTH TWIST YouTube above: Are marketers utter and complete IDIOTS?

These marketers state their Smooth Twist will "increase the ballistic coefficient." So, that means their barrel will actually change the shape of the projectile? REALLY?

And WTF does "this boosts the Precision Ratio of each shot" mean?

Maybe bring back the Flobart Competition where competitors shoot at each other. This time it's the Team Event: Marketers vs. Physicists.
Marketers are not idiots as you claim they are, many are REALLY good at their sales pitch…It may sound absurd and ridiculous, but the smooth twist barrel turned out to be a success for FX.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Still, a FLOBART-DUEL is really the only way to truly settle the differences between marketers vs. physicists.

( . . . and still a no-comment on WTF boosting the "Precision ratio" is . . . from that horrendous FX advert.)
yana

Post by yana »

Only when there's an accuracy problem. But even than its usually only to rule that factor out
Never had any issues really caused by fouling. Not that I can remember. Díd have some issues with rustformation in the barrel.
Common with CO2, sometimes pcp guns and with some of my oldies
samg

Post by samg »

I am in the process of cleaning out a lead fouled barrel and a lead ring in the chamber of a free pistol I recently acquired. First time I have run into this problem. I think I will go back to cleaning my barrels more frequently. Cleaning out the fouling lead is a lot of work.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"Cleaning out the fouling lead is a lot of work."

Actually, it is quite fast and easy. Take a tired bore brush and wrap a few strands cut from a Chore Boy (Copper) scrubbing pad. A few strokes....all gone.
samg

Post by samg »

Rover wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:21 pm "Cleaning out the fouling lead is a lot of work."

Actually, it is quite fast and easy. Take a tired bore brush and wrap a few strands cut from a Chore Boy (Copper) scrubbing pad. A few strokes....all gone.
Wow.... I wish I knew that a week ago. Thanks Rover.
gimgim

Post by gimgim »

I use a cheap boresnake clone on both the Toz and the PCP, always dry and fed from the breech.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bore-Snake-Gun ... 2617226643
(the 4.5mm boresnake doesn't have any brush). I have used felt pellets, and they always come out clean

Any reason not to use this method?