Steyr LP2 vs EVO10

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kubikula78

Steyr LP2 vs EVO10

Post by kubikula78 »

Hi everybody,

I am right before buying new (my first one) air pistol. Since now I am shooting Sport pistol. I have 3 favorites....Steyr LP2,EVO X or Morini 162. I would like to ask you, if somebody can compare these in accuracy point of view. I thing I can shoot somewhere about 550 points for now. From one side I will never be a world class shooter, but I want a decent gun...than is clear that all mistakes are in me:-) But I am not sure that approx.600 Dollars more for EVO is worth to pay for me.

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Jakub
David Levene

Re: Steyr LP2 vs EVO10

Post by David Levene »

They are all much more accurate than you will ever shoot.

The main difference will be how they feel when YOU are shooting them, and only you can tell that.

Steyrs have more grip angle adjustment than even the latest Morinis, but that is only of concern if you need that adjustment.
stuart

Post by stuart »

I have a Steyr LP 2 Compact and would not buy a more expensive pistol. I won 8 postal league competitions in last year with it and never feel disadvantaged shooting against others who have spent more. It has proved reliable and consistent for 4 years and has shot 1,000s of pellets. It is down to practice, practice, practice and the nut on the end of the butt.
Elmas

Post by Elmas »

kubikula78 wrote:Hi everybody,

I am right before buying new (my first one) air pistol. Since now I am shooting Sport pistol. I have 3 favorites....Steyr LP2,EVO X or Morini 162. I would like to ask you, if somebody can compare these in accuracy point of view. I thing I can shoot somewhere about 550 points for now. From one side I will never be a world class shooter, but I want a decent gun...than is clear that all mistakes are in me:-) But I am not sure that approx.600 Dollars more for EVO is worth to pay for me.

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Jakub

The best advice for such a subjective choice is : TRY before you BUY . May look good , price may be tempting but when you pick it up does it feel right in your hands ??
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

All major brand air pistols are accurate when paired with a good lot number of pellets. You have to buy several samples of lots and to test. Or send it to Blake at podium for testing
django

Post by django »

I try evo and morini both good gun.
If you want pay more money when electric board fail choose morini. This is good gun with
Good trigger. It pass 500 gram trigger inspection but feel lighter than any other gun. It had good
Grip and you will find front sight oscilating move calmer than orher
But it has bad customer service lol. Just remove batery after shoot and
Use good chargeable batery like eneloop. Good balance but additional
Weight sold separately

If you want reliable and acurate gun choose evo manual. You can see repaid vid on
Youtube and make light repair based on it. I never use evo ekectric. You can add
Weight easy. It include on pistol. Remember this new evo
Size smaller rhan old. If your old steyr small grip on evo it equal
Medium grip.

I use morini on past and now switch to evo manual.
I will swith to morini again after they provide life time
Waranty for electric board lol.

I will not choose lp2.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Don't buy a "new" SSP air pistol. At your stage it offers no real advantage. For FAR less money, you can find a top of the line single stroke pneumatic or CO2 gun that will perform FAR better than you can. Don't forget that with an PCP you have to buy additional ($$$) items to use it.
Last edited by Rover on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kubikula78

Post by kubikula78 »

Thanks to all.....this saturday I will have brand new LP2...hope it is good choice:-)

Jakub
Christopher Miceli

Post by Christopher Miceli »

Don't buy a lp2 its a great club gun but the lp10 is more adjustable in balance and can be purchased with an electronic trigger. If you have to buy Steyr. Best to try as many as you can though of all the brands.
kubikula78

Post by kubikula78 »

Christopher, I tried LP2, EVO10 and Morini. Steyr fits to my hand better then Morini, I had better feeling with Steyr. And I will never compete on international level, my border line is national championchip. I am pretty sure that if I spend 700 bucks ( difference in price LP2 vs EVO) for pellets and will shoot them all I will shoot better scores than with EVO.

I am sure that on my shooting level I am not able to appreciate the benefits of LP10 or EVO.

Jakub
django

Post by django »

Good luck

You have good plan i remember female shooter from mexico win world cup with lp2.
pbrejsa

Post by pbrejsa »

Kubo
Good choice. LP2 is the best choice. I do not know a shooter who shot LP10 better than LP2. I have 14 years of experience with this gun. I know a few shooters who shoot better and happier with LP2 than LP10 or CM162. LP2 is lighter and better balanced and as accurate as the other mentioned pistol.
Dirk van leur

Post by Dirk van leur »

I'm new here and let me introduce myself.
I'm 58 now and have been shooting air since 1995.
started with a Walter co2, soon after started shooting with Steyr lp.
once took a trip to fire shooting, but that wasn't my thing.
Shot Compound bow for the last 5 years.
now i want to start shooting air pistol again.
The choice is now very large, and I will never shoot as good as I did, I shot an average of 8.3
Dirk van leur

Post by Dirk van leur »

I'm new here, and let me introduce myself.
I am Dirk now 58 and have been shooting air since 1995.
Started with a Walter co2, (with the cylinder perpendicular under the barrel) shortly afterwards started with Steyr, and almost all Styer LPs shot all long, compact was not yet there.

Now after 10 years I want to start shooting again.
now comes the question, will it be a Steyr lp10 conpackt or lp2.
I will never again shoot as much and as good as I did 8.3 average.
What are your experiences, maybe even a different brand?.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Why not go back to a Walther CO2 gun (one of the different CP models)? You can find one very cheap and give up nothing to a new gun.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

The LP2 does not have the anti-recoil weight, and it's trigger blade is not as nice.
The Evo will retain much more of its resale value, as it's more desirable.

No, you don't need the anti recoil, but for me, it helps my training. If set up correctly, the front sight shouldn't move at the shot.

When you improve more than you think, you may well with you bought the Evo.
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

Dirk, I bought a very nice LP-1 on this forum and like the fact it's cheap to shoot, I don't have to look for a scuba shop, or pump it up myself. Get the CO2 at a welding shop, also parts and service on a Steyr are still available through Pilkington.
Stan
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

When I picked up an EVO10 my immediate, split second thought was that the barrel heavy weight reminded me of my IZH 46m and the trigger blade felt like cheap chromed plastic(turns out it was). I bought my LP2 fully aware that the rear sight was not adjustable with the turn of a screw and that it would require a permanent modification. I took that on because I felt the (preferred) weight and balance of LP2 would have further reaching impact on my accuracy and scores. I know that if I got the LP/EVO I would have to buy a replacement trigger blade; love what came on my pistol. I have experienced absorbers that malfunction and have read on these pages that it's not an uncommon problem. I can assure you that if you do your part releasing a shot, nothing moves or flips. Dollar for dollar, with the LP2 lacking a second cylinder an EVO may well be the best "buy for the money" compared to LP2. That also I was aware of when I made my choice; I bought what I thought would serve me best, even if it wasn't the best deal. I think if Steyr lowered the price or included 2 cylinders the LP2 would be far more commonly seen.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Rover wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 am Why not go back to a Walther CO2 gun (one of the different CP models)? You can find one very cheap and give up nothing to a new gun.
There is a nice looking Steyr LP1 CO2 pistol on GunBroker at the moment for $399. If you get tired of dealing with CO2, you can convert it to PCP with a kit Steyr sells.

https://www.krale.shop/us/airkit-steyr-lp10-lp1/

I've done two of these conversions for the team I help coach, and it's all very straightforward. Here's a video from Steyr:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5v3lAbFiYY

Note: With a ball end hex key, there is no need to remove the barrel.

No affiliation etc.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

That is an excellent idea @gwhite.

I can get a new cylinder, new regulator, and new cylinder adapter for my LP10 for $187? I assume they will fit LP2 and LP10?