Anschutz 1913 Ejectors

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bob3700

Anschutz 1913 Ejectors

Post by Bob3700 »

Group.

I recently installed a 1918 Precise stock on my (previously wood stocked) 1913. Somehow in this process, the ejector disappears from the action. Looked everywhere in the are where I performed installing the new 1918 stock and cannot find any parts on the floor.

How the heck does an ejector just fall out of an action?

That said, where can I get a replacement and how is it retained in the action?

My research shows two different part numbers for the ejector in a 1913. Ejector 00218 or 1404-44. Which is correct?

It is a mystery to me how a part like that could just "Fall Our" of the action.

Help !!!!!

Bob
beye

Re: Anschutz 1913 Ejectors

Post by beye »

The ejector falls out easily when the loading tray is removed or if the spring retainer is knocked off. Try a magnet in the area where you worked. Perhaps those are just the old and new numbers for the same part. I have used the same ejector for all 54 models thru the 1900 series. Any Anschutz parts supplier would have them.
Martin Catley

Post by Martin Catley »

There would be two parts to the ejector. The ejector itself that drops theough the bottom of the action and the spring clip that holds it in on the outside of the action.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

The ejector spring isn't readily detached either, just by handling the barrel/action. I wonder if it had come off previously, but the ejector had been held in by the stock.

I'm not sure how the newer 54.30 screw-fit breech tray lasts.
Bob3700

Post by Bob3700 »

Martin Catley wrote:There would be two parts to the ejector. The ejector itself that drops theough the bottom of the action and the spring clip that holds it in on the outside of the action.
OK,

I receiver the new ejector and spring. Now, the ejector is claw hammer shaped and my question is: Which side goes toward the chamber, the hammer head or the claw?

The gunsmith said that I have to trim the ejector for height so that the bolt closes properly.

So I would think that you assemble the ejector and spring as an assembly then install it into the loading ramp?

There were no instructions with the parts, just a bag of parts.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Bob
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Bob,

The hammer should face the breech, claw towards the shooter. When installed the claw should follow the contiyr of the loading tray.

Drop the breech tray in first, then slot in the ejector. The tray has a tab at the front which tucks into the barrel. This won't slide home if the ejector is already in the tray. I hold the ejector and tray in place with one hand while I place the retaining spring over the bottom of the ejector, as it can slip out.
Bob3700

Post by Bob3700 »

Thanks for the help. Got the ejector installed. Took two strokes with a file across the top surface of the ejector and the bolt closed and ejected the empties like it should.
I am in business!