Leupold 6.5-20 EFR VX-3 vs VX-3i

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tenring

Leupold 6.5-20 EFR VX-3 vs VX-3i

Post by tenring »

Does anyone know the difference? One of these scopes has been on my list for some time and I have never gotten around to ordering one. I noticed the VX-3 is discontinued and the 3i is in production now. Hmmmm

Thanks,

Chad
Anschutz

Re: Leupold 6.5-20 EFR VX-3 vs VX-3i

Post by Anschutz »

tenring wrote:Does anyone know the difference? One of these scopes has been on my list for some time and I have never gotten around to ordering one. I noticed the VX-3 is discontinued and the 3i is in production now. Hmmmm

Thanks,

Chad
Chad,

Short you tube clip below. I have the VX3i, got it from Champion's Choice (link below). Don't know much about scopes, still learning to use, but do know that I made a good choice. If right handed, it's much easier to adjust the side focus before getting in prone as it's on the left side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em-nCtzS0kY
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... tem=170714

Odie
tenring

Post by tenring »

Thanks Odie! I’ll check it out. I’ve never been able to come to a good conclusion as to what’s changed. I heard one fella say they went down in quality, but nothing I’ve read supports that. Looks like they are a few bucks cheaper than they use to be because the don’t come with extra knobs...??

Chad
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

tenring wrote:Thanks Odie! I’ll check it out. I’ve never been able to come to a good conclusion as to what’s changed. I heard one fella say they went down in quality, but nothing I’ve read supports that. Looks like they are a few bucks cheaper than they use to be because the don’t come with extra knobs...??

Chad
Not sure about the "extra knobs." I originally thought that the VX-3 does NOT have the side focus like the VX-3i, but after you asked and watching some vids, looks like it . . perhaps . . does have the side focus. Heck, I don't know for sure, and someone can chime in here if I'm wrong as I tried someone else's VX-3, off the bench, went up to 20X, did NOT have the side focus, I liked the field of view and the fine duplex, so replaced my T36 w/less field of view from a short two year stint in Silhouette. Decided to return, after a 25 year layoff from Indoor 4P and HP, to position — well, Prone.