Browning Medalist Grip Question.>>

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Vince

Browning Medalist Grip Question.>>

Post by Vince »

A newbie at my pistol club just scored a very minty cased Medalist, complete with weights and other sundry accessories. However, the factory stocks are a poor fit for his hand, and are definitely not state-of-the-art. They are also simply too gorgeous to carve up blithely.
Does anyone know if ISSF-compliant, adjustable palmrest and/or fixed anatomical grips for this pistol are made by anyone other than Herrett's? Neither Nill nor Morini seem to have them as catalogue items.
Would Nill's Buckmark stocks fit?
Any info will be appreciated.
gmtmaster-at-sympatico.ca.41902.0
BobZ

Re: Browning Medalist Grip Question.>>

Post by BobZ »

: A newbie at my pistol club just scored a very minty cased Medalist, complete with weights and other sundry accessories. However, the factory stocks are a poor fit for his hand, and are definitely not state-of-the-art. They are also simply too gorgeous to carve up blithely.
: Does anyone know if ISSF-compliant, adjustable palmrest and/or fixed anatomical grips for this pistol are made by anyone other than Herrett's? Neither Nill nor Morini seem to have them as catalogue items.
: Would Nill's Buckmark stocks fit?
: Any info will be appreciated.
I had one of these at one time. I had difficulties with the grip too. At the time I called Browning who were making a similiar though less elaborate pistol called the Challenger.They sent me a set of wood grips from the Challenger which fit my hand perfectly for 50 ft. NRA .22 competition.

rzovinka-at-hvc.rr.com.41904.41902
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi Vince,
A couple of points to make here...
1) I'm seriously jealous of this guy with his mint Medalist! ;-)
2) Try Vitarbo grips (retailed by Nealj guns www.nealjguns.com
3) The Medallist/Challenger frame is pretty straightforward to fit grips to. It doesn't take a whole lot of woodworking expertise to make a set to fit. I've done this for Ruger MKI and MKII using birch, cherry, and maple - started out with making a set in pine so they'd be easy to carve. If your friend has access to a Dremel tool, a reasonable grip can be made in a couple of evenings.
Glad to hear there's still some shooting going on in the Montreal area.

Cheers,
Mark.
RON BRANNON

Post by RON BRANNON »

I know what you're speaking of, my hands were not the right size either.
I've got a extra set of target grips that are thinner,that do have the thumb rest and feel alot better. They are not highly polished but still look very good .I'd be willing to trade or do some deal. Just let me know if I can help.
Ron in GA
lorron@mindspring.com
LORRON-at-MINDSPRING.COM.41992.41904