Best pistol for CMP EIC .22 match

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Jake

Best pistol for CMP EIC .22 match

Post by Jake »

I plan on shooting the new CMP .22 pistol EIC match at Camp Perry this next year and I need to buy a gun for it. The rules are basicly:
orthotic grips are legal
Minimum 2.0 lb trigger
No recoil dampening or reduction systems or barrel porting is allowed
Semi auto with 5 round mags preferred

It's a 30 shot COF with slow, timed, and rapid fire stages.

I'm new to this so what are my best options? I want the best equipment if I can afford it. Hammerli Xesse, model 41, IZH 35m? Thanks!
GOVTMODEL

Re: Best pistol for CMP EIC .22 match

Post by GOVTMODEL »

Whatever you're using for the .22 portion of the 2700 without the dot!

I have a Hammerli 208 International available.
john bickar

Post by john bickar »

I have been shooting my Walther GSP. Last match was a 295.

That'll work.
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

Jake wrote: No recoil dampening or reduction systems or barrel porting is allowed

Recoil dampening and reduction systems are allowed, barrel porting are not.

My Pardini SP with recoil absorbing movable weights was allowed in the first EIC match at CMP Oklahoma and also the EIC match at Camp Perry.

My advice, use your NRA .22 Pistol and remove the dot sight.
Jake

Post by Jake »

Thanks for your help so far. Im brand new to the competition pistol shooting world so i dont have a match grade semi auto. After rereading the rulebook your are right ghillieman. That opens up a whole bunch of new models to research. My reading comprehension needs as much practice as my pistol shooting! :)
hurt

Post by hurt »

I dusted off my 1974 Walther GSP for the last match since i didnt want to remove my dot. Lost 5 at 50 and a few more than Bickar at 25...but still ok. After shooting the 2700 with dots it was like a breath of fresh air looking at the iron sights. Maybe i should yank all my dots?
kle

Post by kle »

Jake wrote:I plan on shooting the new CMP .22 pistol EIC match at Camp Perry this next year and I need to buy a gun for it.
I want the best equipment if I can afford it. Hammerli Xesse, model 41, IZH 35m? Thanks!
I picked up Badge #5 in 2015 using a mostly-stock Ruger Mk. II Target (only change was a Clark Custom steel trigger that a previous owner had installed, and older Hogue wood slab grips), using Federal 40gr solid and 38gr hollow-point "American Eagle" ammo.

Any of the guns you listed (and lots more) will be fine for .22 EIC matches. The shooter who took Badge #8 used a Marvel .22 Conversion on a 1911 frame, and the shooter who took Badge #9 used a mostly-stock Ruger Mk.III 22/45 with the right grip panel replaced with something that fit his hand better (and the left was stock).
hurt

Post by hurt »

Basically. .shoot what you like...or what you have. Its a fun match...so have fun!
utemarksman

Post by utemarksman »

Don Nygord's advice to me when I asked the question "what gun to get?" was to get a Ruger (MKII at the time). Years, and many guns later, when I finally bought one I wished that I had taken that advice.

Two months ago I shot a match with a distinguished former Olympian. He beat me shooting, you guessed it, a Ruger.
Rover

Post by Rover »

but, but, it's not a high zoot import....