Need recommendation on 11mm rings for Anschutz / Leupold EFR

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

zanemoseley

Need recommendation on 11mm rings for Anschutz / Leupold EFR

Post by zanemoseley »

Ok so I got my 1907 in 1912 stock. I thought I had 11mm Talley rings left over from my CZ 452, they wouldn't fit the grooved received due to the hump in the receiver. So I ordered this 11mm scope base from CSS http://www.championshooters.com/index.p ... Itemid=111 The scope base fits great but I soon realized that my Talley rings were actually 3/8" instead of 11mm.

So I went to my local gun shop and bought a couple pair of Burris rimfire rings, they have the leaf clamp on the side that I though would work, the package didn't specifically state 3/8" or 11mm so I though it would clamp on either. Got home and it wouldn't clamp enough, looked them up on MidwayUSA and there is says they're designed for 3/8". Did I mention I have the worst luck EVER with mounting scopes, its definitely not my "thing".

So since I'm now stuck to ordering I might as well get a very good pair. I'm mounting a Leupold 6.5-20 x 30 VXIII EFR, what would you suggest under $100? I really wanted to shoot my new rifle this holiday break but guess I'll have to continue to be patient.
zanemoseley

Re: Need recommendation on 11mm rings for Anschutz / Leupold

Post by zanemoseley »

Anyone using the Anschutz Tip Off rings? CSS says the rail I got was designed for these and they're only $30.
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

I use BKL rings for scope mounting on my Anschutz (http://www.bkltech.com/).
patriot

Post by patriot »

Anschutz rings work just fine for rimfire. Wipe the inside with a little gun oil when you mount them. If the elevation is a problem use aluminum foil as a shim. The Burris signature rings might be a little nicer for centering the scope; wish they made these for 30mm tubes.

Mark

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/154843 ... and-airgun
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

Well those Burris signature rings are for 3/8" rails, the anschutz rail is 11mm. Guess I'll give the Anschutz tip off rings a shot.
patriot

Post by patriot »

http://www.burrisoptics.com/signature-rings

SIGNATURE RIMFIRE AND AIRGUN
ITEM SIZE HEIGHT EXACT
HEIGHT FINISH
420554* 1 in. Medium 0.90 in. Matte
420555* 1 in. High 1.29 in. Gloss
420556* 1 in. High 1.29 in. Matte

*420554, 420555, 420556: Come with a spare set of clamps designed to fit 11mm dovetails.
Scott J

Post by Scott J »

Zane,
Might give these a try http://www.brownells.com/optics-mountin ... 13108.aspx . Part # 874-000-084WB, they are a Talley ring that mounts directly to the groove on the receiver. I use them on a couple of Anschutz's and my Feinwerkbau. I use them to mount a Leupold 6.5-20x40 EFR using the high model.

Scott
Hubert

Post by Hubert »

BKL will do the job. I have tried them and tested on both spring airifle and Annie rimfire with both small and big EFR.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Get the Anschutz rail and a set of Kelbly rings.
Ken
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

I use the BKL mounts on my Anschutz rifles too. I have the normal double strap ones on my 1813 and one of the 4" cantileaver units on my old 1411, it's a 1964 model so only has the rear action ring grooved. I use either a Sightron SII 36×42 BRD or the very similar Optimate 36×44 FCD scopes usually.

Alan
dc.fireman

Post by dc.fireman »

Scott J wrote:Zane,
Might give these a try http://www.brownells.com/optics-mountin ... 13108.aspx . Part # 874-000-084WB, they are a Talley ring that mounts directly to the groove on the receiver. I use them on a couple of Anschutz's and my Feinwerkbau. I use them to mount a Leupold 6.5-20x40 EFR using the high model.

Scott
These mounted to the Anschutz long base are what I use also. They are a little more expensive, but as I'v been told over and over again: buy once, cry once.

The benefit of the long Anschutz base from Champions Choice is that you can get the eye relief PERFECT for your eye & scope combination.
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

Those Talley rings are actually what I have already just that mine are 3/8" dovetail version. I liked everything about them except for the initial mounting since they're not like normal rings where you mount the lower half then mount the upper half, seems it was a bit more tricky as the scope slides and swivels at the same time until the bolts are tightened.
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

Maybe I'll just go with the Talley rings again. I do like that they're steel instead of aluminum. Mounting is a PITA but once its done I'll be ok.

On a side note those Kelby rings look really beefy but with the options I'd want I'd be looking at like $120. The most I've spent on rings was $150 and that hurt pretty bad, that rifle shoots to 600+ yards and can take advantage of them.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Pay once cry once.
Hubert

Post by Hubert »

BKL has worked very well on spring airgun so rimfire is piece of cake in terms of recoil.
Good value for money.
zanemoseley

Post by zanemoseley »

Ok I just ordered the Talley Anschutz rings from Brownells, I hope they work well. I also believe in the "but once, cry once" philosophy nut I've been doing a Hell of a lot of crying lately lol, the Talley rings should be a good compromise of quality and value.