SCATT MX-02 calibration question

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Jason

SCATT MX-02 calibration question

Post by Jason »

I've upgraded from a wireless SCATT to a new MX-02 and was tinkering with it this afternoon in the backyard at 25 m. It was a royal pain to get it on target but once dialed in it worked as expected -- except that I had to recalibrate it after every shot. I never had to do this with my wireless model and I can't figure out if I've messed up the settings. I've installed the latest drivers and software, tried all three of the USB ports on my laptop and it still freezes after the shot replay.

Have any other MX-02 owners experienced this?

Jason
Martin H

Re: SCATT MX-02 calibration question

Post by Martin H »

Hi Jason
That's weird, I have never had that happen with the MX-02. Normally the first shot is the calibration shot and then it's onto sighters, just like the old Scatt.
Sounds like you have a driver or software clash.
I have problems later in the practice session where it won't replay the last shot properly. And then if you double click on the shot in the shot list it just flashes the whole trace up onto the screen without replaying it. It doesn't bother me too much as it works fine once I have saved and reopened the practice session once finished.
Cheers
Martin
Jason

Re: SCATT MX-02 calibration question

Post by Jason »

Thanks, Martin. It appears to be hanging up after the shot replay. I checked and unchecked that box in the program options menu but it kept freezing on me. Very puzzling as my wireless SCATT never gave me any issues at all.

Jason