SCATT MX-02 Review Available on AccurateShooter.com

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Val

Post by Val »

When you do live firing with MX-02 you take your initial sensor calibration shot and then some sightings to correct the placement of the shots and you get close enough results.

Then when you do only dry firing training there's no way to correct the initial sensor calibration shot placement and you might train your whole session with wrong center point?
KIM

SCATT MX-02 Review Available on AccurateShooter.com

Post by KIM »

I have not used the new Scat yet but I'm looking forward to doing so, (a few more Working Bee's at the Club)
The best thing I can see is that we can live fire train more use cheaper ammo & not get disheartened or mislead with the spread of the cheep ammo, as the new Scat should give a more realistic groups, as if we are using better ammo.
I can also see this being use for Bench rest shooters for better trigger release.

Kim
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Val wrote:When you do live firing with MX-02 you take your initial sensor calibration shot and then some sightings to correct the placement of the shots and you get close enough results.

Then when you do only dry firing training there's no way to correct the initial sensor calibration shot placement and you might train your whole session with wrong center point?
The sensor doesn't know whether you're shooting live or dry firing. You make the adjustments exactly the same, as you have always done with Scatt.

Rob.
Val

Post by Val »

Maybe my English is poor and you didn't understand what i tried to say. Let's try again:

With live fire you can correct the shot placements, with dry fire you cannot.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

No with live fire on any SCATT system, you can certainly use live fire on the USB and older SCATT systems for 10m shooting, you can drag the SCATT shot placement to match the actual fall of shot. For dry fire you can drag the fall of shot to coincide with your called shot placement, but if you then want/need the group to be exactly centered on the centre of the target you would need to bring that in by adjusting the sights, just as if you were shooting live fire.

For many of the things that you would use SCATT for it is not really necessary to have the group exactly centered, close enough will do, as it is more about consistency of trace length and shape. As with grouping practices when live firing, it is about the consistency of the group you are shooting not the absolute position of it on the target, which is easy to adjust with the sights once you can shoot a good group.

Alan
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Val wrote:Maybe my English is poor and you didn't understand what i tried to say. Let's try again:

No, as I said above, it's the same no matter which method you use. You click and move the shots.

Rob.
Val

Post by Val »

RobStubbs wrote:
Val wrote:Maybe my English is poor and you didn't understand what i tried to say. Let's try again:

No, as I said above, it's the same no matter which method you use. You click and move the shots.

Rob.
Yes, but where do you move it? You don't have better information of the landed shot than what the Scatt is showing to you :)
bluetentacle

Post by bluetentacle »

Dear all, the second part of the SCATT MX-02 review, dealing with the unit's applicability to High Power training, is finally out:

http://www.accurateshooter.com/featured ... igh-power/