Making my own palm rest

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

sakoarms

Making my own palm rest

Post by sakoarms »

I want to make my own palm rest that for a Anschutz rifle. Does anyone know where I can find the rail that will fit inside a Anschutz rail? Thanks
crankythunder

that t nut?????

Post by crankythunder »

Champions choice and champion shooters supply, one of those two suppliers should be able to help you out.

I picked one up from one of them a number of years ago. Not sure if they still offer them but if they are not on the web site, give either one a call. Good people to deal with.

REgards,
Cranky
wrc22

Post by wrc22 »

Any hardware store - you're looking for a toilet bolt. A long, tee-headed brass screw that fastens toilets to the floor. It just takes a little filing to shape it to fit the Anschutz rail. Cheap and easy to work with, so you can try different styles of palm rest easily.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

The easiest fitting I know of is the Coach Bolt. A bit of filing and you're there.

Rutty
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

I just built 3 such items using furniture connectors like this:

The flat side (shown here to the left) just needs to be ground down to fit in the anschutz rail.

I got mine at the local ace hardware store. You can find them online too...

http://www.rockler.com/connector-bolts- ... ctor-bolts
Andre

Post by Andre »

Try a T slot bolt for router tables. You can find them at woodworking stores like woodcraft.
rewert

Post by rewert »