RIKA World Champion target transport system

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

robinhoods

RIKA World Champion target transport system

Post by robinhoods »

OK I just bought the Steyr LP-10 from Pilkguns but I want to get the target retrieval system.
There is a cheaper one that uses a hand pulley but I would get tired of that so before I buy the electric one I was wondering if anybody has one and what they thought of it. I know there are a million ways to build your own but
this is so much cleaner and neater.
robinhoods
v76

Post by v76 »

Buy the best you can afford. It gets the "shopping around for better hardware" out of the way and will let you focus on the actual shooting performance.

Personally, for 10m, if you're really set on a carrier, I'd save the 400$ diff. or so and get the Gehmann hand crank carrier. But even there, I bought one of those and it was all crooked and didn't feel very nice and was a pain to set up and moved around a lot. The pellets ricocheted too. Returned it. I think that was also a problem with the electric Rika carriers.

Now I prefer spending the money on the better Kruger targets to practice - they don't tear up so I can actually shoot A LOT more pellets before changing target. But of course, it's more difficult to see where your shot landed if you don't have a spotting scope. Just my opinion.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

They are fine. I've shot on them lots with no problems, we may even have them at the club - I bought whatever models they are, I just can't remember exactly :(

Rob.
Rover

Post by Rover »

The hand-cranked ones were good enough for the Olympic Training Center. Probably not good enough for you, though.
v76

Post by v76 »

In case that was thrown in my direction: It's not really a matter of "good enough for my skill level".

It was more along the lines of "not good enough to not spend the same amount of money on 7 * 55lbs bags of 2-row malt to make beer with."

I think it's relatively useless for a single lane 10m range at home but that's not really my choice to make.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

We use the Haering Target runners at our club they work well and even with shipping they were not that expensive. http://haering-gmbh.de/site-uk/index_uk.html
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

I looked it up-good price but 220V
robinhoods.
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

Rika World Champion are excellent target changers, they are well built and will give many years of trouble free service. For heavy use in a club they are probably unsurpassed, there are some that I shot on over 20 years ago that are still providing trouble free operation. However, were I looking for a changer for home use I would probably go for a cheaper option and buy the Haring EL2, This would be more than adequate for your needs as well.

Rutty
pauln

Post by pauln »

I use a Rika Sydney at home, works well
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

I ran a 220V line for a washer and dryer to the second floor with no problem but getting it to the 3rd floor might be a little trickier.
IF I got the electric rika there would be no problem-Just waiting for some funds to clear to my paypal acct. I bought the steyr and have enough in there for another pistol but not all three but soon.
I saw one where it was a continuous feed target where you just hit a button and another target drops down but forgot where I saw it.
robin hoods
dschaller

Post by dschaller »

robinhoods wrote:I looked it up-good price but 220V
robinhoods.
Looks like they use a small transformer to go from 220V down to something more reasonable to run the motor. I would bet they can offer a 110V compatible unit or tell you what voltage/current you need and you can find an inexpensive 110V transformer locally.
robinhoods

Post by robinhoods »

I thought of a stepdown transformer but with the Rika I don't have to do anything like that so I will probably get it..
robinhoods
I know I can make my own and I'm thinking about it.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

It also says they are available in other voltages, too and they are, we run 110V units. You don't need to do anything other than request the proper power the that you need. They are in Germany so they spec them with the local power requirements, but they make them in other voltages too. We equipped 6 firing point with these for less than the cost of the Rika units we've been running them for three year with no issues.
robinhoods

rika World Champion target transport system

Post by robinhoods »

ok-I emailed them and said I wanted one and that I had 120V.
wanted the el3000 system-just waiting for them to reply
robinhoods
thanks
robinhoods

rika World Champion target transport system

Post by robinhoods »

Hi there.
Well I have heard nothing from them yet about their retriever so I just bought the Rika retriever from Pilkguns. I know I looked all over for a real buy but if I see pilkguns has it and it is close then I will buy there everytime.
robinhoods

Wish he had a Feinwerkbau P44