USA Shooting Team to Continue Firing Winchester Ammunition

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

USA Shooting

USA Shooting Team to Continue Firing Winchester Ammunition

Post by USA Shooting »

The USA Shooting Shotgun Team will continue to use Winchester® Ammunition through 2017, both companies announced today. A USA Shooting Team sponsor since 1999, the new agreement ensures the world’s best shotgun team will compete using the ammunition of an industry icon.
The sole ammunition provider of the USA Shooting Shotgun Team for the past 15 years, Winchester has helped lead America’s shooting team to nine Olympic medals including five gold, one silver and three bronze. In 10 World Championships as a sponsor, the USA Shooting Team has amassed 93 total medals, including 41 gold while also winning 82 World Cup medals during that span.

“Our legendary shotshells are used at the highest level of competition and Winchester is proud to extend our commitment to the world’s best shooting athletes as they prepare for Rio,” said Brett Flaugher, vice president of sales, marketing and strategy for Winchester Ammunition. “From the practice range to competitions across the world, Winchester and the USA Shooting Shotgun Team have a long-standing history that is unmatched.”
“Ensuring the continued support of a true legendary American brand like Winchester is a major victory for our athletes in their pursuit of excellence,” said USA Shooting Team Foundation Executive Director Buddy DuVall. “Our athletes’ ability hinges on the opportunity to practice and compete and to do so knowing that they are loading their guns with a premium shell. With Rio in Sight, we look forward to fostering an even stronger partnership with Winchester in the future to raise the profile of the world’s best shotgun team.”

Winchester has sponsored Olympic legend Kim Rhode (El Monte, Calif.) throughout her storied career and helped her become the only U.S. Olympian competing in an individual sport to win five Olympic medals in five consecutive Olympic Games.

Winchester® Ammunition honored that success by featuring Rhode on a commemorative box of legendary AA® target loads alongside historical figures such as John Wayne, Teddy Roosevelt and Oliver F. Winchester as the lone individuals to be featured on Winchester Ammunition boxes.
“Since Winchester became our official partner 15 years ago, a lot has changed with my sport as well as me as a person,” said Rhode. “The one constant during that span, however, has been the trust and confidence of knowing I’m competing with the world’s best ammo. Winchester has been by my side during this incredible journey, and I’m glad to know that my teammates and I can trust our Winchester AA’s to carry us to greater success in the future.”

In four years of preparation for London, Winchester supported the USA Shooting Shotgun Team with almost 3 million rounds of Winchester® AA® ammunition. To put that in perspective, 3 million rounds of AA ammunition weighs about 230,000 pounds – about the same as 60 standard-sized cars. Since the partnership began, it is estimated that Winchester has provided over 8 million rounds to the USA Shooting Team.

With a company heritage dating back to 1866, Winchester Ammunition was there for the taming of the American West, the Allied Forces’ victory in World War II and through the years, millions of fond memories made in the great outdoors and at the range. To learn more about Winchester, visit Winchester.com or connect with Winchester at Facebook.com/WinchesterOfficial.