A subject of intense interest...

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

A subject of intense interest...

Post by Rover »

Some of those who follow my posts (what for?) know of my interest in this subject. You probably would not find much about this with a Search, especially since Spencer locked my post on searches. But here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCpLerLKD2k

Your comments will be appreciated.
conradin

Post by conradin »

That explains my shooting. My favorite beer is 1 and a half star. But hey, its cheap, and when you were homeless you don't get to pick the brand....
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Haven't tried any of those beers, so an opinion would seem irrelevant. Instead my opinion expressed for your delectation will be this; why post a link to a somewhat absurd weak attempt at humour around the subject of beer tasting, on a target shooting forum? Doesn't seem relevant, in my opinion. I get it that this is the 'lounge' and all... but wow.
Rover

Post by Rover »

You're right Gerard, your opinion is irrelevant.

But, I think the "Lounge" is the place for such nonsense.

I'm sure we'll have some postings from the Europeans, who have a little more sophisticated take on the subject.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

There's a subject? Some babbled nonsense about various brands of beer is a subject? Okay, carry on. I have a fair few local and non-local microbrews which work for me... but the problem is I can't see how that's relevant to the drivel posted on Youtube to which you linked. Are you actually looking for personal assessments of various beer brands?
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

Allow me to step in and help Rover with the topic, as I 've had a few head injuries in the past and can follow his intent.

I believe he means that one of these beers groups better than the others.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Oooooooh... like all us idiots clamping our air pistols in vises and testing various pellets, when we're 'wine tasters' as it were. Inexpert in the field of pellet testing but trying anyway. Okay, if that's it I guess it vaguely makes sense.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Jeez, you guys missed the whole point of this. What we are trying to determine is the optimum group size using a beer can mortar.

I recall the story of a guy who had a large number of feral cats at his place. He would shoot his mortar with a beer can full of cement. He would go to the spot where it landed. He would place a saucer of milk at that spot and then reload his mortar.

Then he would wait....
IPshooter

Post by IPshooter »

Rover wrote:Jeez, you guys missed the whole point of this. What we are trying to determine is the optimum group size using a beer can mortar.

I recall the story of a guy who had a large number of feral cats at his place. He would shoot his mortar with a beer can full of cement. He would go to the spot where it landed. He would place a saucer of milk at that spot and then reload his mortar.

Then he would wait....
I suppose what one person thinks is funny or interesting another finds revolting. Good thing this person, and his little mortar, doesn't live near me...

Stan
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

At a guess I think perhaps Rover was extending his sarcasm yet further with the mortar story. He seems a strange old sort, bit of a troll in the sense that he enjoys tossing nonsense out there and letting people stew over it. The more obscure the better for such people as it keeps the threads running longer. I fell into this one, genuinely wondering what the heck the original post video might mean to him, trying to understand the man. No such luck of course. Rover doesn't want to be understood. And I rather doubt he wants to shoot beer cans at cats.

Post by Guest »

Rover, Defined: An intense itch in a place you can't scratch

Or as my dad used to say: No one is totally useless, they can always serve as a bad example.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Rover, Defined: An intense itch in a place you can't scratch

Or as my dad used to say: No one is totally useless, they can always serve as a bad example.
My dad used to say, "Tits on a boar"

But to Rover's defense, if you can't laugh once in a while, you're doing it wrong. I thought it was funny. Too bad they didn't give her a Miller High Life. :-P
metalsmith

Post by metalsmith »

Any one who does not like cats just has not tried them cooked correctly.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

TLDR;

Anyone know what pellets work best in my smallbore rifle?
Rover

Post by Rover »

"if you can't laugh once in a while, you're doing it wrong."

I don't know why Guest brought sex into this.