Visiting Sacramento

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Alex L

Visiting Sacramento

Post by Alex L »

I am planning a short trip to Sacramento, and wonder if there is a Pistol Club there, that I can visit. I am a competitive Target shooter of many years standing.

I don't intend to shoot, but would like to see what your Clubs are like, and see your facilities.
Thank you, Alex L.
John C

Post by John C »

Alex;

There are several pistol clubs in Sacramento. The one that I know of that does International and Bullseye competition is the United Revolver Club of Sacramento: http://www.urcsac.com/ You'll find your standard events here. I have no doubt that if you email them in advance of your visit, you'll find someone to lend you a pistol to compete.

There's a massive range complex southeast of Sacramento, in Ione, that has many pistol, rifle (out to 1000 yards), and shotgun ranges. I'm not up on the clubs that shoot out there. It's a bit of a drive to get out there, assuming you're staying in town, but worth it. On any Saturday there are many, many events happening on the various ranges.

West of Sacramento is the Yolo Sportsmen's Association. A much smaller range complex.

There are several indoor ranges around the area. You can typically rent handguns at these ranges and shoot.

Enjoy your trip!

-John
conradin

Post by conradin »

I highly recommend Yolo.
dpr

Post by dpr »

As John mentioned the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center is huge and is the place to go. It's only 45 minutes or so from most of Sacramento and a nice drive through the country. Yolo is a nice club as is The Lincoln Rifle club in Lincoln which shoots many disciplines. But if you only have time to go to one Sac Valley is the place.