Scatt not saving files

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

redschietti

Scatt not saving files

Post by redschietti »

We have had scat over a year. Lately It is not saving files. Eliz is sure she has said save before moving the laptop the last couple times, but the file is not saved.

Does scat get full? If so how do we delete?

Or is it a computer problem? Laptop dies when you unplug it, as the battery no longer holds charge

Thanks!
james
dronning

Post by dronning »

I downloaded all (2,370) of the example files from other shooters to my SCATT directory so I doubt that it gets full. Sounds more like a computer problem.

Look for a directory "Scatt catalog" or if on older Windows OS it would be the abbreviated version.
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I just click the 'save' icon and have never had a problem. Have you tried afterwards to load up the files rather look for them in file manager ? I seem to have trouble sometimes locating them but can always find them from the software itself. Have you tried updating your scatt program ?

Rob.
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

Sometimes we have trouble saving Scatt files or practice sessions too.
My work around is to push "STOP" first, then save.
If I am suspicious that it hasn't saved I then re-save the session before I close it.
Good luck.
John Marchant

Post by John Marchant »

I believe that there is a selection in 'Options' to automatically save after 10 match shots. If you tick this option, that might help to auto save the file.
BM

Post by BM »

I have two locations in which the Scatt-files are saved. If you install to D: instead of C: the saves will also be in a different location.

Search your computer for .scatt or .aim files. It has to be somewhere.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

Thanks for the replies!
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

You probably already know this, but just in case... If she never switches to "match" but stays in "sighters" the file is not saved. You may be able to go into settings somewhere and have it save sighters, I have never looked.