Walther GSP rear sight blades

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brewster20

Walther GSP rear sight blades

Post by Brewster20 »

Does anyone know if the rear sight blades from older GSP's (which mount directly on the studs from the top) will fit the GSP Expert ?(which have a side mount)

If not, does anyone know where I can get blades for the Expert ?

Thanks in advance.
John C

Post by John C »

I have an older GSP-C upper with the old style sight blades. I can check with the current style, which I have on my GSP expert. I'm pretty sure they'll fit, the studs look the same. The newer style sight blades are much easier to put on and remove.

I don't know about Canada, but in the US Earl's or Champion's Choice carry them. What size are you looking for? I have some extras that I'd part with.

-John
Brewster20

Post by Brewster20 »

Thanks for the reply John. I finally removed the Expert's sight blade (#8)by using penetrating oil, and a small brass hammer, and was able to fit the older style blade, (#3 I think) by pushing it down from the top.
I needed a smaller notch, too much light was getting in.
Thanks for the reply.
Cheers
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Brewster20 wrote:...I needed a smaller notch, too much light was getting in.
???
Brewster20

Post by Brewster20 »

The width of the gap in the rear sight blade determines the amount of "light" visible at the sides of the front post when sighting. The more light, the greater chance of wandering right or left on the shot. (IMHO)
Cheers