Scatt F coefficient setting ?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

DavePat

Scatt F coefficient setting ?

Post by DavePat »

I just received a new Scatt system and have been playing around with it for around a week Just curious what people are using for some of the following settings

Shot dispersion
Shot moment
F coefficient
Control interval

I have been using an F coefficient of zero so far but am wondering what other people are using. At the moment I am trying to simulate a range of 50yds on the NRA A-27 target

Thanks in advance.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Try these settings.
With F-Coefficient at 0 it is like you are shooting a laser instantaneously. in real life the projectile takes a finite amount of time to get to the target.

Shot dispersion 0
Shot moment 0
F coefficient ~20 range 15-25
Control interval 1

Shot dispersion tries to emulate the real life grouping of ammunition but during a practice session it will place the shots randomly around where you are aiming. you can see how it changes the grouping after practice is over by putting in a number.
Shot moment is adjustable too, but during a practice session on scatt you don't want to shoot before or after you really do. it can be confusing.

Marcus
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

To add to what Marcus has said,

Shot Dispersion and Shot Moment are useful in analyzing your performance afterwards - as can be Control Time.

I know some who set F Coefficient to 25, 35, I normally use 40, and sometimes 65. Zero is good to see how well you're aiming, higher is good to see how well you're timing your release with your pulse.

As you raise the F Coefficient more of the muzzle's vertical/horizontal velocity at the instant of the shot will be added to the position data to determine the estimated point of impact of the shot.

Congratulations.

Ken.
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

Like Marcus said, I have found that 15-25 will give results that are similar to real world. We shoot air rifle live fire through the scatt into a megalink electronic target at 10 meters. A setting of 15 matches the real results from the megalink quite well.
MatS

Post by MatS »

The F Coefficient depends on your rifle moving speed. The higher the speed lower the F should be to match real life performance. It supposedly compensates the time of the bullet from the moment of firing to the point of the bullet leaving the barrel. It predicts tha the rifle would move linear in the same direction and with the same speed as at the moment of firing.

My rifle movement speed is aroud 18 mm/sec and get the next results with the F settings (lasr measured practise):
F55 379
F40 382
F25 382
F10 385

It really depends on the shooting style of the shooter. My Shift graph crashes at -0.18sec from 395 to 379 at 0.0 sec. My friends Shift graph increased steadily to 385 and ended there at 0.0sec and the F didn't make almost any diference (385 at F55 and 387 at F30).

Don't forget that the shooting distance is even more important!
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

From some training materials we have in the UK;

cartridge about 25

Air 35-40

NB For live firing the F coefficient may need to be reduced substantially until the group shape and size on screen corresponds to that on the target.

Rob.