Rear Sight Question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Tanktrek

Rear Sight Question

Post by Tanktrek »

Has anyone ever used the GEHMANN 590 REARSIGHT "COMPACT" PRECISION TARGET.

Ron
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

yes. well made. worked well.
Tanktrek

Rear Sight Question

Post by Tanktrek »

What application do you use it for?

Ron
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

Air rifle
Tanktrek

Sight Question

Post by Tanktrek »

These sights must really suck if I only received one reply to the question.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

I don't think they suck or anything. The majority of .22 smallbore match rifles in the past have come with pretty good sights from the factory, certainly Anschutz which is by far the most popular make in the English speaking world come with excellent factory sights, the ones on Walthers are good too. Given that if it isn't broken it doesn't get fixed there are not a huge number of people using alternative sights. Air Rifle seems to be the most likely area for the use of non factory sights, and that also in the English speaking world is not exactly No1 in popularity. All the Gehmann equipment that I have used has been excellent quality, I have a Gehmann Iris/Filter unit on my Anschutz sight. I expect that the sight will be the same. You would probably get a better response from a German based forum, I'm sure that there would be a much larger user base over there.

Alan
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I have considered getting a Gehmann rear sight to replace my Walther. The Walther is a good sight with repeatable adjustments, but the Gehmann looks like it has lower adjustment knobs which I prefer for standing position. I read the sight on the AF Edge rifles are also a good option with repeatable adjustments.
nimrodf

Post by nimrodf »

I also have one that I'm using on my 1408 Anschutz. Once I got the the height of the front sight sorted out it's worked well. Clicks seem to be very positive. I think you'll also want the sunshade tube that screws into the front of the sight.

If I'm not mistaken I think I saw one of the 3P finalists in Granada using one or at least that's what it looked like on the video. probably was some high dollar version that looked similar.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

That's probably Ole Kristian Bryhn of Norway. His rearsight looks to be an ordinary Gehmann compact, it's the Bleiker rifle that's expensive.

See here: http://www.issf-sports.org/photoplayer. ... xt=granada