USAS rules

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

rifleshooter3

USAS rules

Post by rifleshooter3 »

Has USAS released the new 2013 rule book? I figure that they aren't going to use all the new ISSF rules, such as scoring to the tenth throughout the match. However some clarification on the rules that will and won't be enforced would be nice. Thanks!
justadude

Post by justadude »

When ISSF issues new rules there is always a lag for USAS to issue an updated rulebook.

Here is the link to the USAS press release:

http://www.usashooting.org/news/2012/11 ... ll-to-come

The USAS rules always include some "exception rules" for procedures to use based on range facilities and targets in this country.

You are correct, in some places scoring to the tenths will be either inappropriate or impossible we will just have to experiment and get things worked out.

Dude
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

OK, I've read the press release and summary 3 times. I don't see the reference to tenth scoring. What am I missing.
justadude

Post by justadude »

Somewhere in all of the discussion, I think up at the ISSF press release level there is some discussion that they will start to look at the practicality of scoring by 10ths for Air Rifle and Prone events. The language implied this was for the moment evaluative in nature nothing permanent, (for the moment)

We are just going to have to stay tuned for further details.

'Dude
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

funtoz wrote:OK, I've read the press release and summary 3 times. I don't see the reference to tenth scoring. What am I missing.
You're missing reading the actual rules I'm afraid, there's no substitute for it ;-)

6.3.4 b Rifle and Pistol Elimination and Qualification Round competitions are scored in full ring values, except that on a provisional basis, Elimination and Qualification Round competitions for 10m Air Rifle Men, 10m Air Rifle Women and 50m Rifle Prone Men events may be scored in decimal values. Note: The Council will evaluate experiences with decimal scoring of Qualification competitions and decide whether to apply this rule on a permanent basis at the end of 2013.
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

Sorry David,

I've only returned to shooting 2 weeks ago. Most of my pistols are still in shipping and I threw out the old rule book 6 or so years ago when I gave it up. I am hoping that time has repaired my arm from the car accident. I'll buy a new book once USAS puts out this year's revision. Quite a few things have changed over time. I suspect I'll ask more stupid new guy questions for a while. Nice to see your name pop up. I hope the years have been kind to you. I saw some posts from Rob Stubbs. I recognize a number of old handles.

Larry
rifleshooter3

Post by rifleshooter3 »

So, it is 2013 and the rules that USAS will adopt still aren't out?! So until further notice competitions (including USAS sanctioned matches) are to use the old rules?
justadude

Post by justadude »

'shooter3

That is about right. Until a new rule book or addendum to the existing rulebook is issued we go by the most recent publication.

There have been some significant changes in the rules, clothing, time limits and finals format immediately come to mind as the biggest changes. There needs to be some discussion as to how to best incorporate these changes into the US environment. Hence a short delay.

Depending on the situation some places are starting to use the new timing limits although they are not officially in effect.

'Dude
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

New USAS rulebook is out
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

jhmartin wrote:New USAS rulebook is out
http://www.usashooting.org/7-events/usasrules

And they come into force 1st Feb 2013.

If I'm reading it correct, the new (ISSF) timings will also be implemented then.

Rob.