air cylinder

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

shootdad

air cylinder

Post by shootdad »

My son's new 8002 S2 just arrived, and we noticed a light fogging on the inside of the lense on the pressure guage of the air cylinder. Should we be concerned? And if so is there any easy fix.L

Post by Guest »

at $2300 I would say yes
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The gauge face is not sealed to the atmosphere so it's probably just a little condensation from a quick change in temp. I'd just leave it for a little while in a relatively stable temp. Place like in your house.

This happens with cameras and lenses that costs much more than $2300. The only way to stop it would be to have it sealed and filled with nitrogen or another inert gas. It ju st a function that air normally contains water and when the temp changes suddenly water comes out of suspension.
peterz

Post by peterz »

I'd watch it. If it's still there in a few days, I would complain. It could indicate significant H2O in the cylinder itself.

pz
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

The space inside the glass of the gauge is not in anyway open to the cylinder.
peterz

Post by peterz »

You're right. I spoke too quickly. It's obvious that the gauge glass can't hold 3000 psi pressure. Thanks.

But if it doesn't clear up, I would query the manufacturer.

-pz
shootdad

Post by shootdad »

Thank you for your input guys, I spoke with Homer at CC and he said if it does not clear up he will exchange it.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Has it cleared up, I would think it should be by now or at least well on its way to clearing up.