Anschutz 9003 Premium S2 Precise vs Feinwerkbau 700 Alum.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Feinwerkbau 700 Alum. or Anschutz 9003 Precise?

Feinwerkbau 700
100%
Anschutz 9003
No votes

Total votes: 10

dad&sonshooters

Anschutz 9003 Premium S2 Precise vs Feinwerkbau 700 Alum.

Post by dad&sonshooters »

I am thinking about upgrading air rifles this summer. i own a Anschutz 2013 precise smallbore rifle and a anschutz 8002 air rifle. i was confronted with issues with the air rifle. anyway, i see the FWB 700 and Anschutz 9003 as possible upgrades. would the 2013 and 9003 be similar in dimensions? what is the better choice?
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

I wouldn't bother with upgrading your air rifle as it is still top notch and arbitrarily upgrading to the newest gear likely won't make you a better shot. Rather I would get better acquainted with your current rifle. However I own a Feinwerkbau and find it to be a very nice rifle my only real gripe with it is the the length of pull is only adjustable about two inches which is, thankfully exactly enough for me, however some might find it not enough. Also the Feinwerkbau is quite front heavy out of the box which I'm not a fan of but might not bother some people.
dad&sonshooters

thank you for the input. What kind of adjustments does the FWB have?
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

Well the Feinwerkbau 700 comes standard with adjustable sight risers to adjust sight elevation between 0mm and 60mm, the cheekpiece is adjustable for cant either left or right the grip is adjustable front, back, left, right, and I believe though am not sure that the grip is tiltable in these directions. The forestock is adjustable for cant either left or right and can be raised as well. The trigger can be adjusted for weight between 30-90 and 60-150 grams. There are two rails for the trigger to go on, one more left the other more right you can swing the trigger to just about any position you can imagine. You can also adjust the butt plate smaller and larger, cant it left or right, and rotate it from the top left or right.

As a short overview it's the most customizable rifle I've ever had the privilege of firing and is a good rifle to shoot.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I have a precise 9003S2 that I may sell. It is like new, used one season. I have the spare parts kit, tools, manual target, no sights. I shoot with a team and found I prefer the fit of the Walther LG400, so it may be time for a new home. I was going to wait until next season to list it, but I am 99% sold on the Walther. You can send me a PM if you are interested.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

I like the Walther the best.
Matt
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Check out the new FWB 800 before you make any decisions.
pmelchman

Post by pmelchman »

you have two great rifles.....both of which can take you to the podium.
dad&sonshooters

Thank you for all the information. i believe the FWB 800 has only been released in England at this time. i am not fond of the new adjustments on that rifle. what do you know about it? personal experience?
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

I've looked at the prototype and the stock adjustments are so numerous you will end up with a nervous break trying to figure out whats best.
JSB
100ydpronekid

Post by 100ydpronekid »

Ive tried both and ended up with a Walther Lg400
BAtarget

Post by BAtarget »

Im just gonna throw this out there...There is a feinwerkbau 800 now. Probably the most advanced and bad-ass stocks ive ever seen. Go to the feinwerkbau website and see for yourself.