Anyone tried the Laserlyte LTS Target System?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dlb

Anyone tried the Laserlyte LTS Target System?

Post by dlb »

Has anyone tried that photosensor based target system by laserlyte? - i.e. http://www.laserlyte.com/products/lts-target

From the reviews that I've read, it does work effectively, but I'm wondering what range of light conditions are suitable. Their video shows the unit being used in a rather dimly lit setting. Though I'd imagine that you could shade the face of the target and use it in brighter lighting.

My interest is for dry fire practice. I'm not expecting it to function like a high end electronic target system.
tuj

Post by tuj »

just got done using it in fact. works great for dry fire practice. don't expect the laser cartridge they use to be exactly on your zero, but it is consistent. The resolution isn't super high in terms of where you shoot but to fix that, just stand further away.

I think it is a great training tool. makes dry-fire a lot more fun.

I use it inside but with fairly bright lights, so I'm not sure how it works outdoors, but my guess is that it would be fine.
dlb

Post by dlb »

Good to know.
The resolution isn't super high in terms of where you shoot ..
I've read that they use 62 sensors, which suggests an 8x8 grid from which two are removed. Can you get a dead center bullseye or is it always offset a bit?
tuj

Post by tuj »

you can get a dead center bullseye. I think the array must be circular in fashion.
dlb

Post by dlb »

Thanks Tuj.

So you're using the cartridge? I'm thinking of getting the other unit they have that fits into the barrel - the one that flares at the end like a trumpet bell. Apparently it's sound activated. There's a mic in the tip.
tuj

Post by tuj »

yeah I'm using the laser cartridge with my 45. It would be great if they could somehow come up with a rimfire snap cap of the same design, but I think that would have a lot of challenges.
matchguy

Post by matchguy »

Just to let you all know, Natchezz has this on sale for $129. They said it's a closeout in the email flyer but doesn't say that on their site. It's normally $179.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... 2Laserlyte