Anyone ID this Morini 162

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BrentonJ

Anyone ID this Morini 162

Post by BrentonJ »

Hi Guys,

I have been offered this Morini but not sure what it is, the seller is claiming its a Morini 162EI but it doesn't look like one of the new ones? If its an older 162ei what are the differences between the older model and newer one?

Cheers,

Brenton
Attachments
10400.jpg
10400.jpg (6.91 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
j-team

Post by j-team »

That looks like a 162e (before the 162ei). An early one with the fixed cylinder (the "e" is for electronic and the "i" is for interchangable). That's assuming it's electronic, if not then it's just a 162.

OK if you are getting it cheap and don't mind screwing the whole pistol on to your tank/pump to refill. It should have a little cover for the filling "nipple" at the front of the cylinder.
BrentonJ

Post by BrentonJ »

How much are the older ones worth?
David M

Post by David M »

With the age of the old fixed cylinder, think about the kit to convert it to a removable cylinders with two new tanks.
These are available from Morini.
The cylinders have a fatigue life of 20 yrs.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

you can always change the cylinder without reverting to interchangeable ones. it should be much cheaper. the previous owner of my 162e had it serviced at gehman's. prelutec also has cylinders for 162e http://www.prelutec.de/produkte/produkt ... -mo-e-rot/ . In both cases it must go in to the factory (gehman/prelutec) in order to change and verify its good operation. the conversion kit would cost about 350 euros and it includes 2 cylinders. n general good conditioned 162e like yours in egun cost around 550-600 euros
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

Not that I have a dog in this fight, but if the gun is 550 euros and you are contemplating another 350 euros to replace the cylinder, you are getting into the price range of a good used CM 162 EI. In fact, I bought one myself off of this list not too long ago for 1200 USD (840 euros).

You might want to keep shopping.

BTW, what does shipping a used air gun to Oz entail as far as tariffs, VAT, etc. are concerned?

Roger
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

its not fight. just information. the big cost of the conversion made me think twice. i can live with the hustle of screwing the whole gun to the compressor. and the old 162 still runs like a champ. don't know for other 162 but in mine the electronics are marked for use on 162 and 102 (yes the one and only) and you can click - click - click continuously.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

One other thing with the older electronics is that their original design used a somewhat exotic 15V photo battery. I'm not sure when they made the change to a pair of AAA batteries. MY free pistol uses the photo battery, but my 162EI uses the AAA cells.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

ghostrip wrote:its not fight. just information
Sorry, that is just an Americanism. It just means that I have no direct interest, but I'm going to stick my two cents in anyway. I did not mean to imply that any incivility was going on.

BTW, a 162 EI just sold on another board for 750 GBP, or about 1200 USD:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... rini-162EI

If the cost of an international transfer are not prohibitive, then a little patient shopping around could pay off.

Roger
v76

Post by v76 »

Same here... keep shopping. Found a like new, 2009 162EI for 1200$CAD a few months ago...