.32 Options

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
BrentonJ

.32 Options

Post by BrentonJ »

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get a new .32 what are the options these days, i shot the Walther GSP Expert last night and it didn't suit who else makes a .32, Id also consider building a revolver as well.

Cheers

B
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

dont bother with the Matchguns MG4...

Have a look at the Adelaide Gun Shop though, Hammerli SP20 pistils are heavily discounted right now...

Otherwise try the Pardini, but I have heard some bad reviews of the latest models, barrels twisted and not fitted right.

cheers
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Hammerli 280 (last series), Benelli MP90S or Manurhin MR32. MG4 is not as bad as some people say, btw, but certainly not for the mechanically challenged.
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

Pardini HP.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

seems that all factorys lately lowered their QC. A team mate bought a brand new Pardini 22 RF model with electronic trigger (over 2k euros) to find out that they didnt install both first and second weight screws.
buonvento

Post by buonvento »

Take a look at the new Benelli MP90. They don't have yet on their website...
Lothar Walther barrel, new trigger, no rail, lighter than the old MP90.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Sounds interesting. How did you know about it?
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

Mine is an older Nycord HP. Try to find one of them. In my opinion they are the best.
customs954

Post by customs954 »

Ive had the new Pardini HP .32 for about 2 years. Ive fired about 8000 rounds of reloads(1.3 N310-98 GR H&N) and have not had one failure to feed or fire. Gun has not needed any parts ,just cleaning. It will shoot alot before needing cleaning as well. I've nothing bad to say about it, a real tack driver, awesome trigger. Hope this helps you, good luck.

Rob
buonvento

Post by buonvento »

Tycho - On Armi e Tiro (maybe February or March) they have made the test of the new MP 90 in .22 (but there is also the new .32).
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Very interesting - I always thought the MP90 was underrated, and with a better trigger and perhaps a up-to-date rear sight, this could be a really good pistol...
buonvento

Post by buonvento »

The sights are the same mounted on the Benelli Kite.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I shot the Walther GSP in 32 for a long time. As the years went bye I needed less weight up front and switched to a Pardini HP.
milevsport

Post by milevsport »

ghostrip wrote:seems that all factorys lately lowered their QC. A team mate bought a brand new Pardini 22 RF model with electronic trigger (over 2k euros) to find out that they didnt install both first and second weight screws.
The new SP1 Electronic trigger doesn't have the second stage screw. All the weight for the second stage is on the electronic unit spring. It is very crisp and short. Check www.PardiniGuns.com - a lot of information about the guns and shooters.
milevsport

Pardini HP is the way

Post by milevsport »

Pardini HP is very reliable and it can be adapted (balance and trigger) to personal prefferences. I have one already seven years with not a single complain. I also shoot SP1 rapid fire and it is a great gun!
Check www.PardiniGuns.com
al-sway

Post by al-sway »

I shot the GSP for years, both the GSP and the newer Expert. Reliable and accurate. But, I have also shifted away from the muzzle heavy feel.
I tried the Hammerli SP20 for several years, exclusively, and while it had some good features it was not reliable from a mechanical and durability point of view. Not only the buffer, but frame cracks.
I am now using a Pardini HP, which feels good, shoots great and is reliable with my reloads and factory. It is a good place to start.
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

Just purchased a Hammerli 280. Hope it shoots well????
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

If it's a 3rd or 4th series, with the screw at the front, sure. If not, good luck...
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

Tyco. Yes it has the screw at the front and in the mag well. It feels heaver than my Pardini HP. With the carbon fiber you would think it would be lighter.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Good on ya :-D 3rd series is pretty good. Slide weighs a ton, and the trigger housing is all steel - not much of that on a Pardini.